What's new

Aftershave/cologne

Hello all. I have been unable through my 55 years of existence to enjoy many colognes because I am scent sensitive and would get headaches. Now that have jumped into wet shaving, I really like the Poraso Red Sandalwood scents. Unfortunately, the aftershave fades rather quickly. What brand Sandalwood cologne would pair with it? I ran into Phoenix shaving Sandalwood but I'm not sure it would pair.

Thanks all.

Oh boy...I am a Proraso Red fan, as are others on B&B. Some time ago, I went through what you are searching for. There is no surefire answer, but, there are some fragrances out there that are close to Red. I found a couple in my scent collection that are worth consideration, but by now are likely hard for you to track down...Arden Sandalwood and Art of Shaving Sandalwood. Both are herbal and medicinal at the start, but settle down to smooth and spicy Sandalwood. Both have an addictive "I want to smell this all day" quality. My thought is the scents from lavender, basil, and anise give both scents an opening that most Sandalwoods lack. Another product which I had a small bottle of years ago is DR Harris Sandalwood, but my memory of it mostly escapes me. I recall liking it as a bright, citrus/herbal/anise scent, but a bit different than the two I mentioned earlier, but isn't far from Proraso. The Art of Shaving one would likely be on eBay, the Arden one is difficult to find. If you feel inclined to take a flyer on DR Harris, seek out Fendrihan USA. They are vendors for DR Harris.

Sir BabyBudaNedly, Proraso Red is a nice aftershave! I find it somewhat apart from straight 'sandalwoods'.
You might try just using more product and/or a spray on your head/neck/shirt to keep scent longer.
Enjoy!!

proraso sandalwood simpson boker edelweiss july 31 2018.jpg

Top Bottom