What's new

Great Haul of DE & injector razors

So I was talking with my folks this afternoon, and said "Hey Dad, you still got those old razors you used to use?"

He says "Yeah- I think they're in a box somewhere. Honey (to my Mom)- do you know where that box of old razors is?"

When she came back, she had a box with my dad's, and both my grandfathers' old razors, which likely date back to the 40s or 50s.

I know for a fact that there's a 60s or 70s era Schick Injector in there, as well as a Gillette adjustable twist-open DE razor. There are apparently 5 other razors, some of which are described as taking double-edged blades, but only have one edge exposed at a time.

I'm a little excited about going to visit in a few weeks and seeing what's waiting for me. I'll make sure and take pictures and post them when I know what's up.

Nice!

You should invest in some Maas, Barbicide, and Scrubbing Bubbles to clean them up.

I'll bet you they will be practically new by the time you're done.

Very nice score! Please post pictures when you are able. I wish that I had either my Dads or Grandpa's razors, unfortunately Dads were burned in a house fire, so they are gone forever. That is a great tie to the past that you will always have. Congrats again! :biggrin: :biggrin:

That is cool. Mooching does occasionally pay off. I shaved this morning with my Dad's 59 blue tip, I've got a NEW that I haven't used yet that came from a guy I used to work with whose son I work with now, and my uncle is sending me his razor. It should be here some time in the next few days, I hope...

Good for you. History is important!

It wasn't as moocher-ish as it sounds; Dad's had a full beard for something like 25 years- he looks more and more like Santa Claus as time goes on. And at any rate, he's also got Parkinson's Disease, so he really shouldn't be shaving anyway.

I think it was a case of waiting until my parents had passed away, or just getting them now, to be honest.

Top Bottom