What's new

Feather AC question

When I load the blade into this hammer, should I push it into the "razor" until it bottoms out, or leave a good bit of it sticking out from the bottom? Thank ya :001_tt2:

you shouldn't have to "push" the blade into that hammer. just squeeze the holder so that it opens up, and let the blade slide out of the injector and into place. don't push or force the blade.

I dont mean puch the blade into the holder, i mean push it up into the holder, perpendicular to the cutting edge. The blade loads just fine but then is unevenly sticking out from the holder so that I have to stick it into place. Thanks!

I dont mean puch the blade into the holder, i mean push it up into the holder, perpendicular to the cutting edge. The blade loads just fine but then is unevenly sticking out from the holder so that I have to stick it into place. Thanks!

I could be wrong, but something seems amiss.

Take the blade out, slide off the cover-holder, and examine to see if anything is bent or out place. I can take pics of mine to show you what it should look like, but its difficult to "see" why you're having trouble. Loading a blade into mine is very easy, and I never have to adjust anything or "push up" as you say.

Once you have the blade more or less in place, I suggest the following. Hold the razor by the spine, with the blade edge facing up, and the point just slightly higher than the heel. Squeeze the spine, which should open the jaws of the blade holder slightly. When you do this, the blade should fall into place, if it wasn't seated all the way in before. Now ease up on the spine, to clamp back down on the blade, and you are ready to do.

-Mo

Thank Mo. I knew I was missing something by tapping the thing in with my fingers.

Thanks also Trader Joe. I obviously wasnt good enough with the english language to convey what I meant. :smile: Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom