What's new

Tabac Luxus Seife (Luxury Soap), 150g

OK, so 80 people have read this short post on the Tabac Bath Soap and no one has tried it and has an opinion of it?

So far, I'm lovin' it!

I´ve used Tabac Luxury Soap now week or so and I think it´s a great product. The scent is absolutely fantasting! It´s like a toffee version of Tabac After Shave Lotion :w00t:

I haven´t notice any drying effect either.

I would like to get my hands on a bar, but I never see it anywhere. Happy lathering!

PM dridiot and he'll give you a good deal on some.

I really like this soap. I like the scent, but most of all I like how clean I feel and as mentioned there is no drying effect.

I bought some a while back and have been using it off an on. It is a superb soap, leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean with no drying. it is the perfect pre-shave soap. My only regret is that I bought only one bar. I also use the Speick soap, which I like as well (it has similar characteristics) but I like the Tabac a bit better. Oddly enough, the Tabac soap contains no tallow, while the Speick does.

I bought some a while back and have been using it off an on. It is a superb soap, leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean with no drying. it is the perfect pre-shave soap. My only regret is that I bought only one bar. I also use the Speick soap, which I like as well (it has similar characteristics) but I like the Tabac a bit better. Oddly enough, the Tabac soap contains no tallow, while the Speick does.

It's just proof that there is no magic ingredient. I really like this soap!

Got mine through dridiot (Jason), and it arrived in 2 weeks all the way from Japan to North Carolina. I love this soap as well, but then again, I love all the Tabac products. I just wish this bath soap were more readily available in the U.S. Other than Jason, I've found it at German Deli, but they're way too overpriced!

I bought mine from dridiot's eBay shop ... $17 (with shipping) for the 100g bar with the faux-Tortoise case. It's worth every penny.

When I really want to indulge myself, I get myself clean with Dr. Bronner's liquid soap in the shower, then lather up with the TLS and I DON'T RINSE IT OFF. I just let the lather dry on my skin while I'm doing my shave routine, with all-Tabac ingredients, of course.

Alas, my Tabac products are in storage now, since I consider it a wintertime scent. (I'm using Musgo Real as my primary line for springtime.) I wish I could find other brands that work as well as Tabac, especially for such an economical price.

:confused: Do you rinse off after your shave? If not, doesn't it get dry or sticky?

No ... I just let the bath soap lather dry on my skin to preserve that wonderful Tabac aroma.

It doesn't get sticky, and after I'm done shaving (about 15~20 minutes) I don't even notice that its there at all, except for the scent.

Alas, my Tabac products are in storage now, since I consider it a wintertime scent. (I'm using Musgo Real as my primary line for springtime.) I wish I could find other brands that work as well as Tabac, especially for such an economical price.
I take it you have tried the Musgo soap? I love that stuff.

I take it you have tried the Musgo soap? I love that stuff.

I haven't gotten the Musgo bar soap yet ... I do have the shaving cream, ASL and liquid body wash. The body wash smells great when I use it as a last step in the shower, but I always use Dr. Bronner's as a first step to make me feel clean.

I thought about giving this a try as well. How well does it clean? Drying? Scent?

i use the musgo soap on a rope, i believe it's a claus porto soap.

very very nice soap, scent, cleaning and skin conditioning. it's a heavy solid soap and last a long time. don't need much to make a great lather. almost has a very fine sandy/grainy feel to it and the smell is great. i sneak in and have a sniff now n then. i wish they made a shaving soap that smelled like it. it's my favorite, i feel refreshed after a shower and it doesnt leave a thin greasy film afterwards.

very much worth a try.

i use the musgo soap on a rope, i believe it's a claus porto soap.

very very nice soap, scent, cleaning and skin conditioning. it's a heavy solid soap and last a long time. don't need much to make a great lather. almost has a very fine sandy/grainy feel to it and the smell is great. i sneak in and have a sniff now n then. i wish they made a shaving soap that smelled like it. it's my favorite, i feel refreshed after a shower and it doesnt leave a thin greasy film afterwards.

very much worth a try.

Thanks for the info. That is what I'mm seeing as the only drawback to the Tabac, it is fairly soft so it seems to be going rather quickly.

Top Bottom