What's new

Acquisitions April 27 - May 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh! I get to go first! Kewl. Anyway, I'm surprised I didn't have any competition on the Bay for this beauty. Less than $15 shipped.

proxy.php

I found this ball end New at an antique store for 8 dollars yesterday. Most of the gold is gone, but I'm going to try to polish up the brass a bit. I'm not real worried about getting it pretty, it'll be shave worthy and I haven't tried a New.

This was in the mailbox waiting on me when i went home for lunch. Thanks Sluggo!!!

attachment.php

Looks much better than the picture shows. I'll clean her up a bit more tonight and take another pic.

Found these while antiquing over the weekend. Two Old Spice, one Col. Conk and one unknown (has picture of ship, anchors and the words "William the Conqueror 1066").

Steve

This week is off to a great start. Two items that I have been after for a while were found online and came in today. My Birthday razor - Gillette U-4 Black Handle Superspeed Flare Tip - and an Old Spice Mug with unused (until tonight) soap.

proxy.php

This week is off to a great start. Two items that I have been after for a while were found online and came in today. My Birthday razor - Gillette U-4 Black Handle Superspeed Flare Tip - and an Old Spice Mug with unused (until tonight) soap.
[/IMG]

Very nice, an Old Spice mug with the plastic thing still on the soap(until now) is quite the score.:thumbup1:

OldSaw

The wife's investment

How did you like the soap?

Very nice, an Old Spice mug with the plastic thing still on the soap(until now) is quite the score.:thumbup1:

Some may have left this unused but I have been wanting to try this soap and I really enjoyed it. I think I will use it regularly and need to find refills!!

How did you like the soap?

I loved it!! The moisturizing effect was amazing and I need this for my skin. I just added this post to the review ...

Not4you said:
I finally bought a mug & soap set that were unused. I paid quite a bit for this ($26 for the set, unused & in the original box) but it was something I have wanted for a while so I was willing to pay. Considering I got the mug too, this ended up being about the same price as my C&E Nomad in the wooden bowl.

While it was still in the original packaging, I have to think that the scent was stronger when new. I was also surprized how the soap scent is more soapy - like Mitchells Wool Fat - and not as old man spicey as I had expected. I was mildly disappointed in this as I thought I was going to have a very nostalgic experience. I do like the scent but it was not quite what I remembered my father using when I was a kid.

I found the lather to be fantastic. Thicker than I have been able to produce with MWF and slicker then my Nomad. I acheived an effortless CCS with no weepers or irritation using my 38C and a fresh Derby and was able to make 3 passes face lathering without needing to return to the mug.

But the moisturizing effect of this soap blew me away!! My skin is quite dry and I follow every shave with Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizer as many ASB just don't seem to cut it for me. But so far (2 hours since my Old Spice shave), I am yet to use any moisturizer and feel as though I don't need to. My skin feels creamy to the touch and is not tight in any way. I have not had this feeling from soap or cream alone - ever. On my off days when I don't shave, I can see myself using this soap for some lather and a hot towel treatment just for the pleasure and moisturizing effects.

While some may have these mug & soap sets in thier collection, I am eager to use this product in a regular rotation and will try to find refills when necessary. I have many collection pieces that I have not used, but this one I used within an hour of it arriving and I will enjoy using it again and again.

So for any collectors out there, I have an Old Spice mug & soap set original box for sale!! :w00t:

Some may have left this unused but I have been wanting to try this soap and I really enjoyed it. I think I will use it regularly and need to find refills!!

I would have cracked that baby open and used it too. This stuff was made to be used.

On to my acquisition of the day. I just got a Tabac refill today. Not much, but there's more inbound. Hopefully, I'll have a pic up once it all arrives. :biggrin:

proxy.php

I just received this in the mail today courtesy of Suzie's super generous weekly give away to newbies!:biggrin:

I requested Root beer and that's what I got! It smells WONDERFUL. (On a side note, does not taste as good as it smells. Maybe at first it's not bad but it's got a soapy aftertaste.:blushing:)

This sure is a fun shaving soap, I can't get enough of that root beer smell!:lol: I just sniffed it and sniffed it before I shaved with it. I will be sad when this soap runs out.

Smells great, lathers great, what's not to love?

Thank you Suzie!:w00t:

I picked these up this past Sunday.

Co-incidentally they are both have the same inscription "The Celebrated Extra Hollow Ground Razor" on the blades. And they were purchased from two different vendors.

Can anyone tell me the approximate date of these razors?
I'd like to restore and use them, should I attempt it myself? I don't have the equipment to hone them, so they would have to be sent out for that. But I can put the time in to sand out the imperfections/pitting in the blade.
Is it possible that the scales on W&B are original? They are really rough, does replacing them affect the value of the razor?

I haven't even cleaned them up yet, thought I would show them as I received them first.

Thanks in advance to anyone with answers.

View attachment 48741

View attachment 48742

View attachment 48743

View attachment 48744

View attachment 48745

Last edited:
I also picked up a glass bottle of Old Spice Aftershave, it still has aftershave in it...about 3/4 full. Does this stuff go bad?

I've been wanting one of these bottles to decant some Old Spice aftershave into and use it. I was looking for the 4.25 oz. size, but when I saw this 9.5 oz. bottle, I figured what the heck I'll pick it up. Cost me $8.00, he wanted $10 and I offered $6 so we met in the middle. :biggrin:

View attachment 48746

View attachment 48747

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom