What's new

The ULTIMATE Soap Poll - T&H, Tabac, Harris, MWF, Trumpers, QED, TOBS, AoS, & more!

Which soaps are the best, or are your personal favorites?

• Truefitt & Hill

• D.R. Harris

• Geo F. Trumper's

• Tabac

• Mitchell's Wool Fat

• Taylor of Old Bond St.

• QED

• Mama Bear's

• Art of Shaving

• Speick

• Penhaligon's

• Institute Karite

Results are only viewable after voting.
Three Soaps for the Mod-Kings under the sky,
Seven for Merkur Lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Gillette Men doomed to die,
One for the Straight Shaver on his dark throne
In the Land of the Badger and the Blade where the lurkers lie.
One Soap to rule them all, One Soap to find them,
One Soap to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

I made this a "multiple" poll, since not many people have one favorite - this way you can choose your top picks.

Before the inevitable complaints roll in (why isn't ____ on there?!), y'all did have more than four days to submit your choices on this thread.

Other than that, hope we get some interesting results here!

I chose Tabac only because it is so heavily supported on this board,........and because it is the only soap I have,...:tongue_sm

Poll needs more eShave, TSD, and "sites that aren't allowed" options... although I'm not sure how you'd pull that last one off.

Tabac, its the only soap I've bought more than once aside from T&H luxury and of those 2 I prefer Tabac just a little more.

Voted Tabac; L'Occitane Cade & Pre de Provence are my other two go-to soaps (I know: I didn't enter the pre-poll poll to get them on the list! :biggrin:). I plan to try IK very very soon -- sitting new in the box, calling as I type!

From your list I like T&H, although there's a couple missing I would prefer:

Floris JF
L'Occitane Cade

I hear you, guys.
Unfortunately, B&B only allows 12 options on polls. It was very difficult deciding which ones would make it and which ones wouldn't.

I have been using Tabac for about a week now. I just had the absolute worst shave of my life.

For the last two years I have been using the Merkur 23C, the long handled standard DE razor.

Well today I tried the Merkur HD. I have no idea what I did wrong. I can't blame the Tabac, but I am certain this is the worst shave of my life. Not sure why I am posting this in the ultimate soap poll, but my immediate reaction to my shave was that the Tabac didn't provide good protection.

I think I will be selling this HD immediately. I have really learned some good techniques with the 23C and I think the HD is just too aggressive for me. I really whipped up a good lather with the Tabac, but I am still a mess. Total irritation!

I have been using Tabac for about a week now. I just had the absolute worst shave of my life.

For the last two years I have been using the Merkur 23C, the long handled standard DE razor.

Well today I tried the Merkur HD. I have no idea what I did wrong. I can't blame the Tabac, but I am certain this is the worst shave of my life. Not sure why I am posting this in the ultimate soap poll, but my immediate reaction to my shave was that the Tabac didn't provide good protection.

I think I will be selling this HD immediately. I have really learned some good techniques with the 23C and I think the HD is just too aggressive for me. I really whipped up a good lather with the Tabac, but I am still a mess. Total irritation!

I think you should stay with the HD for a week or two before you sell it. I used to think like you too until I stayed with it for awhile. I love that razor now!!!!!

Do not sell your HD so quickly... focus on making the angle about 30 degrees (from parallel) and you'll find it to be smooth, effortless, and much more maneuverable (imo) than your long handled merkur. Didn't want to hijack thread or anything.

Long live D.R. Harris Arlington and Trumper's soap. :tongue_sm

This has got to be the best poll I've ever seen here on B&B. I've cast my vote and I can't wait for the result! Of course the Tabac lead is predictable.

It would be interesting to see the real results from people who have tried all the soaps listed.
That would be really interesting to see, but I doubt many have tried all those listed.

This has got to be the best poll I've ever seen here on B&B. I've cast my vote and I can't wait for the result!
Thanks! It's really great to hear feedback like that, this poll actually took a lot of work to choose the top 12 from among hundreds of great soaps.

Top Bottom