What's new

Nivea German Shaving Cream

I was in a German store here in VA and I noticed this 'Nivea' Shaving Cream. The writing is in German but I have not seen an American equivalent. The only Nivea shaving cream I have seen is in a can. Anyways this was priced at $7 so I bought 2. I really don't know if I got a good deal but what the heck. :001_smile

If anyone knows, I would be interested in knowing what the 'Mild' means?

I bought one of those around here and Mild really means "mild" or "smooth". In Portuguese it is written "suave" which can be translated directly to "smooth".

Maybe I can post a picture of it here tomorrow...

Here in Greece I've found the equivalent cream for 2€, which is EXTREMELY cheap. I have seen the German version for 4£ on a certain UK online shop. Though due to shipping charges, I'm not surprised it costs a little more in the US.

The Greek version of the product is the same thing, down to the packaging, only difference being the text is in Greek.

Mild in German has the same meaning it has in English. The Greek version reads "ΑΠΑΛΗ" which means gentle, which is another way of describing it.

My newbie shaving kit hasn't arrived yet, and I can't wait to try it out :w00t:

You are lucky sir, that is one of the best creams you can buy in my opinion...

I am looking forward to trying it. I have accumulated many shaving creams and more are on the way. This has turned into an obsession! :mad:

BTW if there are any members in the Hampton Roads area and you want this I will point you in the right direction. They had 4 tubes on the shelf when I left.

Here in Greece I've found the equivalent cream for 2€, which is EXTREMELY cheap. I have seen the German version for 4£ on a certain UK online shop. Though due to shipping charges, I'm not surprised it costs a little more in the US.

The Greek version of the product is the same thing, down to the packaging, only difference being the text is in Greek.

Mild in German has the same meaning it has in English. The Greek version reads "ΑΠΑΛΗ" which means gentle, which is another way of describing it.

My newbie shaving kit hasn't arrived yet, and I can't wait to try it out :w00t:

Thanks for sharing your pic and info. I really like the diversity of B&B members and seeing their products and reading about their experiences and stories.

You are lucky sir, that is one of the best creams you can buy in my opinion...

#1 on that .
I dont know if you have used your new Nivea cream yet, but you are in for a treat. It is a full on great cream.

We have Nivea up here in Canada readily available on any Drug store shelf at $3.00 CDN a tube, it would be the equivalent in prevalence to the UK's Palmolive. On the packaging it says formerly "Florena".

Great stuff :thumbup: It can give the 3 T's a run for their money anyday

Last edited:
I just finished reading the review and I must say I want to bump the T&H Trafalgar sample that I have for the Nivea. I really want to use the Nivea but to be fair I will use the last of the Trafalgar sample to provide myself with an honest evaluation. :rolleyes:

I am REALLY looking forward to using this shaving cream.

i have the indian version of it. i'm pretty sure they are all the same. man is it awesome! its just as good as more expensive stuff like truefitt and hill.

Nivea Shave Cream is a very good shave cream. It is available up in Canada at $3-4 per tube which is just a great value. I get mine either from some Canadian sources or Smallflower.

I wish Nivea would offer this in the US to go along with their balms which are so widely available.

It's a good cream Invisionz, at least if yours is the same as I bought in Munich last year. There is no US counterpart to that one. I've been meaning to get to that store, if you're referring to the one out near Falls Church. Did they have any other shave goods?

It's a good cream Invisionz, at least if yours is the same as I bought in Munich last year. There is no US counterpart to that one. I've been meaning to get to that store, if you're referring to the one out near Falls Church. Did they have any other shave goods?

Man I wish there was a US version. I am in the military and when I leave here I will probably will be forced to ordering it over the internet. Anyways the store that I got it from is in Hampton, VA and the store believe it or not is "The German Store & Restaurant' :001_smile

Real German owners and Real German Food!

Man I wish there was a US version. I am in the military and when I leave here I will probably will be forced to ordering it over the internet. Anyways the store that I got it from is in Hampton, VA and the store believe it or not is "The German Store & Restaurant' :001_smile

Real German owners and Real German Food!

Dangit, another place I need to go before I leave the East coast! :tongue: Thanks.

The 'original' Nivea shaving cream came in a completely dark blue tube, was pinkish in colour, and smelt like the pot of ordinary Nivea cream. Terrific lather, close shave, but left my skin more parched than the Atacama. This 'new' cream has a completely different scent and solved the drying-my-skin problem... At the cost of becoming too weak in the cushion department.

I would have loved to use Nivea shaving cream, but alas, it was not to be.

It is definitely a good cream. Here in Germany you can get it practically at any drugstore and in many supermarkets for a song, and I always have a tube of it with me when traveling - for some reason I enjoy quite a few Nivea products on trips.

I bought a tube while in Switzerland last year. It's a good performer but not extraordinary. It's very similiar to European Palmolive.

Not a perfect photo, but here is the Spanish/Portuguese version. Got it for 1.89€, and it is not very easy to find around here :001_smile.

I just saw some Nivea "Milde Rasier Creme" on germandeli.com http://www.germandeli.com/nimiracr10.html

Packaging seems a little different, but tempted to grab some to try it out. It's warehouse is located in Texas so shipping should be quick but I get to pay taxes on it I would imagine :(

EDIT: NVM I failed to read that they were out of stock of the stuff

Top Bottom