What's new

Previous Aftershaves of the Week

I have never tried this either, but my barber tells me he can procure this from his supplier for me if I want some. Should I take him up on the offer? I love the menthol blast of Aqua Velva classic, but heard this is like menthol on steroids.

Bought this at Atlanta Barber Supply. I found it has a pretty harsh alcohol burn then mellows to a cooling sensation. I can't say it gave me the freezing sensation that other have noted, though my hands do tingle a bit for a while if I don't wash my hands after applying. I do like he mellow powdery smell that it eventually takes. Not bad at all for the price. No moisturizing properties at all. In fact I could always count on ingrowns if not followed up with a good balm.

I have never tried this either, but my barber tells me he can procure this from his supplier for me if I want some. Should I take him up on the offer? I love the menthol blast of Aqua Velva classic, but heard this is like menthol on steroids.

It is definately like menthol on steroids, but not in a bad way. This stuff will freeze your face and I typically can feel the effects for a good 15 minutes after I apply. It really cools and fights razor burn. This is the only splash I can use without having to later apply balm. The price is pretty tough to beat. I paid $4.50 for mine before shipping.

This is some amazing stuff. If you think AV or Skin Bracer is cold you have no idea until you try the Osage.

The eucalyptus and menthol is so strong it will open up your sinuses and then BAM you get hit by the coldness.

Freezes my face for quite some time. One of the few that I reapply during the day.

Osage Rub is one of those things I feel you must try at least once. It's far too cheap not to.

It's the kind of splash that leaves your hands feeling cold after you apply it. It provides very little in the scent department other than the obvious menthol eucalyptus, but it more than makes up for it in cooling. When I was new to wetshaving I would break this stuff out when I knew I really butchered my face.

Honestly, the stuff is one of a kind. A must have.

I have not tried this either, anyone have an ingredient list that we can take a look at?

look here

This stuff is amazingly cold, but not very moisturizing. My face feels dry if I don't use a ASB with it. All and all it is ho-hum, but a must try for the price and just to feel the chill.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Has anyone used OR on their scalp? I see that OR is advertised as a lotion for your "entire head and face".

Osage Rub, I agree with Erick, it's one of those you just have to experience yourself. It's a nice cool, tingly feeling to the face and it tones and tightens very nice. It has no moisturizing effect at all, it's just a blast to the face, not a freeze.
I tend to use it when it's a hot day or if I just want to splash and go however I find that it does mix well with a balm, other scented AS and covers well with most colognes.

Ingredient list: Water, Alcohol SD-40 Menthol, Fragrances, Eucalyptol, FD&C Blue #1 and FD&C Yellow #5

I just gave it a go this morning, ya it gives you that little wahooo...wake up too!!!!

Ahhh the silly little things in life....:biggrin:

I just picked up a bottle last week. I LOVE this stuff! It has replaced AV as my go to on days when I can't decide which AS to use.

The menthol and eucalyptol freaze any irritation off of my face. The scent is a combination of Vicks Vapo Rub and my grandfather, but it fades before the cooling does. I usually apply an unscented balm after any splash, but I don't feel the need to do that with Osage Rub. My face is pretty happy at the moment.

Invest $5 and try it. I'm sure someone on here will take it off your hands if you don't like it.

Has anyone used OR on their scalp

I use it often after a head-shave. It gives a strong cooling sensation from the methol. The sensation lasts for a good 15 minutes or so. The scent is what you would expect from a strongly-mentholated product but it does not linger and fades quickly.

I recently tried the ultimate menthol fix when I combined some Osage Rub and 444 balm after a head-shave. WOW! :w00t:

Love the stuff! Its one of those that I really enjoy the scent out of the bottle but of course dissipates quicky. I usually follow up with TGR ASB directly afterwards. I about it rysbarbersupply. They have very good prices and a nice selection of AS with reasonable shipping. I originally got it for the novelty but wound up really enjoying the stuff.

I realize I'm a week late on this, but better late than never :wink:

I think I've found my new source for aftershave splashes. I'll be ordering a new bottle, injected with more menthol since custom ordering is an option. :biggrin: I really like the scent and feel of this stuff..

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
WEEK VIII - MUSGO REAL

Here it is. The fabled Musgo Real. Many users of this aftershave revere it. They will swear that its healing properties are far and away the best of any aftershave they have ever tried.

I am a fan. Although, I tend to find that this aftershave can get a bit tacky if you over-apply. Its healing capabilities cannot be denied. I reach for this one if I have had a particularly rough shave and my face needs a little extra help in the healing department.

The scent is all its own, not quite the same as the shaving cream. I find when I use Musgo Real a/s, I reach for the L'Occitane Vetyver edt. I find them to be a good match.

So, let's hear your thoughts on this much-heralded aftershave from Portugal. The very popular: Musgo Real.

full

Last edited by a moderator:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Some of these things are hard to come by in Canada. May I ask what is that bottle labeled Old Spice that is translucent and filled with a blue liquid???

Nice pick of the week!

i haven't tried this because i dislike the shave cream scent. but i am certainly a fan of the skin goodies!

would anyone be willing to post an ingrediants list?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Nice pick of the week!

i haven't tried this because i dislike the shave cream scent. but i am certainly a fan of the skin goodies!

would anyone be willing to post an ingrediants list?

Claus Porto Musgo Real Classic Scent After Shave Vetyver and patchouli fragrance enhanced with aloe, witch hazel and echinacea.

Strangely enough, I just ordered this and some shave cream today and look forward to receiving it by the end of the week, so that I may also be able to post my initial reaction to it. It was a post I read elsewhere on B&B that led to me ordering it in any case!

My favourite aftershave at present has to be Speick, closely followed by Floid.

I am new to the forums, have always been a wet-shaver, but only recently adopted a brush (Kent BK8) and DE razor (Merkur Futur) and am very much enjoying the discussions and information provided around this splendid place. ADs are setting in at a pace that I am sure my bank balance will not thank me for, however my face feels wonderful and my morning ritual is far more enjoyable than before.

Ta,
Raj

Top Bottom