What's new

Previous Aftershaves of the Week

I'm not a huge fan of this.

Smells great in the bottle, and works fine. However, when I apply it the only thing I smell is isopropyl alcohol (a scent I hate) which dissipates pretty quickly and then I smell nothing at all. I haven't checked yet to see if anyone else notices the scent on me, but I can't smell anything once it's applied.

I honestly dont think there is any isopropyl alcohol in it:confused: I do admit however the scent is light afterwards but the initial splash offers a nice citrus scent IMO. I might be wrong about the alcohol though. I have been wrong quite a few times lately:) That reminds me that I will be using this stuff tomorrow:001_smile

First of all I want to say Wendy and I are honored to have one of our hand made products featured in this manner. Thank you Badger and Blade.

I want to clear up any misconceptions of the inredients we use. Shawn is correct regarding the alcohol used not only in Mediterranean Citrus A/S Splash but in all of our products:

We only use Artisan's (SD40B) Alcohol. It is a 200 proof perfumers alcohol made specifically without Isopropyl Alcohol. It contains Hexylene glycol that also acts as a fixative allowing fragrance to last longer on skin.

A comparison can be made not only with odor but in cost. Isoproply Alcohol (Rubbing Alcohol) can be found for about a dollar or less for a 16 ounce bottle. SD40B is $95.00 to $100.00 per gallon depending on the supplier, not including shipping cost.

Please be assured we have not and never will, use Isopropyl or Rubbing Alcohol in any of our products.
Sue

Fair enough Sue. It does have a similar odor to me.

Anyway, used it again last night. I should retract my original statement about not being a fan. The product works well, has a slight cooling effect, and the alcohol burn is pretty low. I didn't get any tackyness.

However, I can't smell anything once it's applied. I asked someone else if they could smell it on me and they had to basically stick their nose on my cheek and said it was a very faint smell even at that point.

There is nothing wrong with this product, but Sue, I would like to get a slightly stronger scent from it if possible. Just my 2 cents.

V

VR6ofpain

Aqua Velva Ice Blue is still my go to AS. It is such an excellent product. The fact that it is cheap, comes in a glass bottle, and is easily available everywhere is just icing on the cake.

Definately a go to product. I have others that I prefer that I save for non-work days; but as a daily a/s, this is my number 1 pick.

Not too powerful or offensive, fades well, appropriate for work, nice glass bottle, nice dispenser, great price, works very well!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
WEEK VI - FLOID BLUE

This one is my favorite from the Floid family. It has a fresh clean scent, a little more restrained than Aqua Velva, yet just as refreshing and does a very nice job moisturizing as well. The scent does not last long which I like since I am almost always wearing cologne after applying aftershave. This one will always be in my rotation of aftershaves.

Let's hear your thoughts on Floid Blue.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my favorite aftershaves, hands down. Nice and cooling, but not freeze your face off cold. Great masculine scent, albeit not a long lasting one. It leaves my face with that tight feeling only a splash can provide, but also does a good job of moisturizing.

I will always have one of these massive bottles in my rotation.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
pardon my ignorance, every time i see blue i think aqua velva. how similar is this?

This is much milder than AV. Although it is refreshing, you do not get that menthol blast with Floid as you do with AV. To reiterate, it is much more restrained than the AV. If you love that "in your face" blast, you would prefer the AV.

If you want a clean, refreshing feeling than Floid fits that bill.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I stated in my first post that I did not own this particular aftershave. After reading all of the informative posts regarding the Mediterranean Splash all I can say now is: Order Placed. :biggrin:

I wish this stuff was available in Canada - I'll be ordering some delivered to my hotel next time I'm in the US!

Sue are all your AS splashes similar in terms of their properties (other than scent, obviously...)?

After the CWR, I use my hands to wipe of the excess water, no towel used. I open SCS Med. Citrus, give my left hand one shake of so said splash, rub hands together, then rub, pat and smack the goodness in. Keep rubbing your face even tho you think it isn't enough, rub it in.......
Notice the faint hint of citrus? mmm, hey.... Ya feel that? Its your skin talking, telling you it feels good, real good.

This method may not work for everyone, but it does the trick for me.

The exact method I use. I love this stuff. I consider it every bit as good as my beloved Musgo. I don't love the scent, and don't hate it, but it doesn't last long enough (and shouldn't, IMO) to matter.

I wish this stuff was available in Canada - I'll be ordering some delivered to my hotel next time I'm in the US!

Sue are all your AS splashes similar in terms of their properties (other than scent, obviously...)?

Yes, the Splashes are. Lavender, Mediteranean Citrus and Sandalwood are the same formula, just different fragrances. Lavender and Sandalwood have more staying power than the Citrus. Lime is a quick fade in most all formulations.

The other Aftershaves are not the same.
Sue

Fair enough Sue. It does have a similar odor to me.

Anyway, used it again last night. I should retract my original statement about not being a fan. The product works well, has a slight cooling effect, and the alcohol burn is pretty low. I didn't get any tackyness.

However, I can't smell anything once it's applied. I asked someone else if they could smell it on me and they had to basically stick their nose on my cheek and said it was a very faint smell even at that point.

There is nothing wrong with this product, but Sue, I would like to get a slightly stronger scent from it if possible. Just my 2 cents.

Scent is so variable by the individual. An A/S should not conflict with your EDT so we go light on the fragrance. Our A/S is to soothe your shaved skin. Lavender and Sandalwood does last longer though but that's due to the nature of the scent. Citrus doesn't seem to last in any formulation. In our Bay Rum with a Twist for example, the Lime content is a lot more than Bay Rum. The lime is pretty much 'in your face' when applied but after the dry-down it is softer than the bay rum.

With any of our products, we will customize for you by email request; (no additional cost) but generally a bit more time.

As far as tackiness, that is from using far too much product. We never water down anything. Seems a lot of companies do that though -- judging by the amounts used of some of the similar products. Initial cost isn's always cost effective long term.

We add an oriface reducer to the bottles to slow down the usage rate. A bottle should last a very long time. If anyone would prefer, the reducers can be removed but I think there would be a lot of waste. Just pry it up on the sides with the side of a knife or insert a unfolded paperclip and pull it out of the bottle.

Sue

This is much milder than AV. Although it is refreshing, you do not get that menthol blast with Floid as you do with AV. To reiterate, it is much more restrained than the AV. If you love that "in your face" blast, you would prefer the AV.

If you want a clean, refreshing feeling than Floid fits that bill.

Thanks Johnniegold! oustanding description!

Totally agree with the OP. Of all the Floid flavors this is the best. However being the price it is I would prefer it last longer. Then again I don't wear cologne so I seek longer lasting AS's. A nice, clean, fresh and cool AS that costs a bit too much.

I have it and like it a lot. I'm not too crazy about the scent, but it's other properties suit me very well. Apart from Harris pink, this is probabely my mildest, most soothing splash. I like to use it after TOBS shaving shop or GFT violet, seems a complementary smell.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
So let me get this straight. Only 4 members have tried Floid Blue? :confused:

Or do more members use the Spanish version (Il Vigoroso or Suave) or the regular Italian version?

Top Bottom