What's new

Favorite part of brewing coffee

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I made a similar thread for tea, so here' the coffee version.

For me, it's the "bloom", that magic moment when hot water hits the grinds. If all is right in the world, it will yield a fluffy, effervescent mound of pure goodness that lets you know that you're dealing with fresh coffee. Nothing disappoints me more than coffee that says, "I'm dead. Why the hell are you drinking me?"

Of course, my last cup was a recently roasted cup of "bird processed" coffee, and I hope to god that was bloom. :lol:

I made a similar thread for tea, so here' the coffee version.

For me, it's the "bloom", that magic moment when hot water hits the grinds. If all is right in the world, it will yield a fluffy, effervescent mound of pure goodness that lets you know that you're dealing with fresh coffee. Nothing disappoints me more than coffee that says, "I'm dead. Why the hell are you drinking me?"

Of course, my last cup was a recently roasted cup of "bird processed" coffee, and I hope to god that was bloom. :lol:

ditto...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The drinking....
+1 :thumbup:

I love shoving my nose in the filter basket of freshly ground beans; it is one of the most intense aromatic experiences out there. Of course, actually drinking the coffee is better....

I love shoving my nose in the filter basket of freshly ground beans; it is one of the most intense aromatic experiences out there. Of course, actually drinking the coffee is better....

Ditto.....

The aroma of freashly ground beans is the best...yes drinking it is best but as far as brewing, the grind is the best.

Definitley the aroma. Some of my earliest memories include mornings with the smell of coffee in the old electric percolator.

D

doleeo

This is my favorite part of brewing coffee.

The initial beading of a double shot of Counter Culture Coffee's Toscano Espresso blend. The evenness of the beading lets me know that my dose, distribution and tamp were all up to snuff.

proxy.php

Just keep telling yourself: "It was bloom. It was bloom. It was bloom."
Then, click your heels three times and you will have a new scraggley dog and be standing in the middle of Kansas in red high heels.

well my favorite is drinking coffee of course but I do absolutely love the smell. I know a lot of people who hate the taste of coffee but love the smell.. which makes it awkward when I have coffee and they all want to smell it.

Top Bottom