What's new

Trumper skin food formula change

It looks like our friends at Trumper have changed the formula. Here are the ingredients listed on the limes skin food I bought today:

"Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Distillate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Alcohol Denatured, Astragalus Gummifer, Parfum (Fragrance), Menthol, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citral, Limonene, CI 19140 (FD&C Yellow 5)"

The coral skin food had the same or virtually the same ingredients. This is quite different from the old list, as seen in the photos accompanying Joel's review of 3/9/06:

"Gum Tragacanth No. 1, Rose Water, Glycerin BP, Menthol Crystals BP, Nipagin, Fragrance, Deminseralised Water"

Anyone know what's going on? Interestingly, the shaving advice page on the Trumper web site still advises after shaves containing alcohol, even though the skin food now has at least a small amount.

I'll report back after I use it for a couple of days.

I haven't had a chance to post in a while, but, in brief, I'm not at all impressed with this new formulation. I think they wanted to make this less gooey or sticky than the original, but in my humble opinion this product just doesn't do that much, and the scent lasts about 2 seconds. Definitely not worth the price.

I haven't had a chance to post in a while, but, in brief, I'm not at all impressed with this new formulation. I think they wanted to make this less gooey or sticky than the original, but in my humble opinion this product just doesn't do that much, and the scent lasts about 2 seconds. Definitely not worth the price.

That's too bad, I like the Skin Food Line and was going to order a bottle when I got back home!?!?!

Anyone else recently purchase this, what do you think?

They changed it before I bought two bottles, my luck strikes again. I have two small samples of the original and you can tell by the color it is different, at least with the Coral.

They changed it before I bought two bottles, my luck strikes again. I have two small samples of the original and you can tell by the color it is different, at least with the Coral.

Please give a user's comparison if you can! I was about to order some; got samples about two months ago and have no idea when the samples were produced or when the formula changed. Would this impact the whole range - including coral and sandalwood?

I have been using the skin food products for some time. I am now using the Sandalwood skin food and in my opinion it the best of the line by far.

Raf

I'm interested in that things too because I'm planning to buy some skin food for my next A/S.
Do the skin food have a same kind of feeling like with Dr Harris stuff (I have a pink)?

Just broke out the samples I received about two months ago. They are the new formulation, apparently. Have never had the old formulation, so I have no way to compare them. However, what I have seems very nice indeed! Worthy of a purchase.

Top Bottom