What's new

Morrison Hotel - Classic Album Discussion

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
How about this 1970 nugget from The Doors. Of course the classic Roadhouse Blues is a standout but other greats include Queen of the Highway, Land Ho!, Peace Frog and the rollicking You Make Me Real. A bona fide classic.

Song List:

Roadhouse Blues
Waiting For The Sun
You Make Me Real
Peace Frog
Blue Sunday
Ship of Fools
Land Ho!
The Spy
Queen of the Highway
Indian Summer
Maggie M'gill

Front Cover:

full

Back Cover:

full

Center gatefold:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite Doors album when I discovered it in the 80s! Compared to their earlier releases, its a relatively straight forward hard rocker. Perhaps that is why it has aged with a little more grace some of their other work? Regardless, Blue Sunday, Indian Summer, Land Ho!; what memories this brings back. Hard to believe it is coming up on 40 years old.

I'm not what anyone would call a Doors "fan". I enjoy a few songs of theirs (and MH is a wonderful album, and Peace Frog is one of my favorite songs and poems of their catalog) but just never really adopted Morrison as my personal saviour the way so many of my colleagues did and well past their generational relevance. The man certainly had a interesting mythos and the band has some amazing musicians and great writing but I too have since considered them rather overrated.

I've been collecting music since I can remember and this album will have a place in my collection always, I just reserve the right to dust it off now and then rather than keep it in my regular rotation.

Lovely album. Love the smooth transition from Peace Frog into Blue Sunday. Unfortunately this albums seemed to be the beginning of the enid:( RIP Jim!
If it wasnt for the Doors....I would had never known how cool hallucinogens were.

I love the Doors. Just saw the post tonight. I don't listen to them so much any more but I had a lot of their stuff on vinyl and cassette.

I find that I can't hardly listen to anything of theirs that gets radio play. I like the more obscure songs.

When I was a teen I had all of their albums, posters, books, etc...

I loved them when I was a teenager, and several of their songs hold up over time. But overall, they don't appeal to the adult in me.

I have been, and will always be a Doors fan. This is a go to album when I am sick of everything else. I enjoy the songs that get air play, but prefer some of the hidden jems. From this album "Land Ho!" is great and "Peace Frog" is one of those cranked-up-to-full-volume driving songs. :biggrin:

If it wasnt for the Doors....I would had never known how cool hallucinogens were.

Too right!

This was the last doors album I bought, which completed my set. By far my fave band.

Like others have said, those songs like 'you make me real' and 'queen of the highway' are a bit different to normal doors fare, but are awesome none the less.

I wouldn't call myself a Doors fan, but I have this on CD, and had several other Doors albums in vinyl. The band certainly stood out from the other West Coast bands of their era.

jim

Top Bottom