What's new

Trumper GFT Cream

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
full

Although I have mainly moved to soaps, there are still some creams that I enjoy using and Trumper's GFT is one of them. The fragrance is really just a light, vibrant scent that really buoys me throughout the day when I couple it with the GFT cologne.

I used it this morning with an SR 3226 brush and it really produces just gops of beautiful meringue-like peaks of lather.

For me, this is my favorite Trumper cream and fragrance:

From the Trumper website about GFT:

A fresh and invigorating cologne with top notes of bergamot, lemon and mandarin, a heart of tarragon, lavender and cypress on a musk-like base with cedar and moss.

It starts out with a citrusy blast and then the dry-down turns into a subtle, woodsy scent. IMO, Trumper hit the nail on the head with GFT.

full

Now if they would only make a shaving soap with the GFT scent. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the cologne? In particular, did they sweeten the cologne up a lot? I read others say it was underwhelming, but if it's anything like the shave cream I would be very tempted to purchase.

I know this is not the cologne forum, but what the heck, I figured I would conserve a thread.

+1*10^6

I think the GFT is a hugely underrated, perfectly balanced scent. I'm lucky enough to have hoarded a couple tubs of the Charles Tyrwhitt Lemon & Cedar cream, and while that particular crave-worthy cream has since been discontinued, I usually recommend that gents who take interest in it go for the GFT. The wood note is a bit more subtle, but its generally got the fresh, masculine woodsy-with-a-touch-of-sweetness flavor that they're looking for.

I've always been a fan of the latherability qualities of Trumpers creams, and GFT is no exception.

How is the cologne? In particular, did they sweeten the cologne up a lot? I read others say it was underwhelming, but if it's anything like the shave cream I would be very tempted to purchase.
The cologne is almost identical to the scent of the shaving cream. Perhaps a eensyteensy bit (read: very little) sharper, but keep in mind there's alcohol and perhaps isopropylalcohol in the cologne,which the cream can obviously do without.

The reason others find it underwhelming... Well, let others be others and follow your own nose :). It can be a tricky scent to smell after a few hours as it is fairly light. You may need to switch to less warm spots of your body---elbows, below the neck / top of the chest---in order to keep the scent going.

The cologne is almost identical to the scent of the shaving cream. Perhaps a eensyteensy bit (read: very little) sharper, but keep in mind there's alcohol and perhaps isopropylalcohol in the cologne,which the cream can obviously do without.

Agreed. The cream and the cologne are very, very similar. The cologne is in fact quite sharp going on but mellows out considerably after that. FWIW the shower gel is identical in fragrance to the cream.

Don't you just love when someone speaks glowingly about a product you weren't even thinking about and then .........

marty

Ah shoot! I've never yet tried the trumpers creams and I didn't really feel the need until this dumb thread was posted and replied-to... and expounded upon etc. etc.

Oh well, I guess I needed some things for the ol' Christmas wish list anyways.

Ah shoot! I've never yet tried the trumpers creams and I didn't really feel the need until this dumb thread was posted and replied-to... and expounded upon etc. etc.

Oh well, I guess I needed some things for the ol' Christmas wish list anyways.

Trumpers offers a sample pack with colognes, creams, aftershaves, etc. It's a nice package. They do charge £3.00 for the shipping, but it was well worth it for me. I really like their products, and the pack allowed me to find that out.

Top Bottom