What's new

What's your all time favorite shaving cream?

So far, Saint Charles Shave Coconut. I have found others that are close but I'm still experimenting here and there with what i like. Just got Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes in the tube and I wasnt as impressed as I had hoped I would be. I know you said creams but one of the items on my list is the jar of Tabac, Castle Forbes Lime Oil cream, and maybe a Mama Bear's Spicey Lime but I think that one is in soap only form I would have to double check. Sorry for the long senseless list but since you people got me started into this crap one of my irresponsibilities has occupying my mind with which soap or cream to try next instead the more important things,..........ignorance is bliss:tongue:

Probably C&E Sweet Almond Oil. Too bad they don't make it anymore.

Of creams currently in production, I might have to tip my hat to TOBS Almond or the Salter's creams.

If I had to choose one it would be The Body Shop shaving cream. I have yet to try some of the more expensive brands like T&H and GFT. TBS does beat the TOBS creams that I have used so far.

Salter's Sandalwood

Runner's up, but in an entirely different price range:
Penhaligon's BB
Acqua di Parma's Colonia

These two both work and smell fantastic, but you pay a premium for the name and certainly for the gorgeous display jars.

Salter's is a non-nonsense cream in a simple blue plastic tub, but *man* does it work like a champ and lasts a very long time.

How do you guys choose just one? It's like picking your favorite child....although, Susan is much cuter than the other girls.....

Speick is probably #1, Musgo Real #2, and Erasmic #3. These aren't the glamor creams, but they work very well for me and they smell nice. Among the reasons they stand out is the fact they come in tubes, which makes dispensing my right amount really easy. This is a critical factor for things which I need to do immediately after getting out of bed. Tubes are good :cool: Toothpaste comes in a tube and that works really well. My working really well shaving creams come in tubes too.

If Castle Forbes came in a tube, I might completely revise my list of favorites. Now, it works really well too; don't get me wrong, the suds are great, and the Lavender smells good, but it doesn't come in a tube and dawn comes early and none of the neurons are firing yet and sticking the brush into a big jar of cream is just too much of an unpredictable for that time of day.:rolleyes:

Speick is probably #1, Musgo Real #2, and Erasmic #3. These aren't the glamor creams, but they work very well for me and they smell nice. Among the reasons they stand out is the fact they come in tubes, which makes dispensing my right amount really easy. This is a critical factor for things which I need to do immediately after getting out of bed. Tubes are good :cool: Toothpaste comes in a tube and that works really well. My working really well shaving creams come in tubes too.

If Castle Forbes came in a tube, I might completely revise my list of favorites. Now, it works really well too; don't get me wrong, the suds are great, and the Lavender smells good, but it doesn't come in a tube and dawn comes early and none of the neurons are firing yet and sticking the brush into a big jar of cream is just too much of an unpredictable for that time of day.:rolleyes:

Hey Bruce,

You're going about it the wrong way, man! :001_unsurI appropriated a small butter knife which I keep with my collection of shave creams (all in tubs!). Just scoop out a dollop with the butter knife and trasnsfer either to brush or mug or scuttle and off you go! Don't slop the brush into the tub, you will soon dilute the cream badly! Sure tubes are convenient, especially for travel, but the tubs are more economical in the long run.

Paul

Only been wet shaving for about three months. I've tried a couple of the Mama Bears soaps (Toasted Coconut & Hydrogen), TOBS Rose,TOBS Mr. Taylor, C.O. Bigelow, Vulfix Old Original Persian Musk and Truefitt & Hill 1805. So far my favorite is the 1805! :smile:

Top Bottom