What's new

Favorite Place to Travel to for Business

I have a business friend who loves Asia, specifically Thailand, the Philippines, and Malaysia. In fact, he's spending a few weeks in the Philippines for vacation. Another friend loves Germany. He says he can always expect clean facilities, regardless of the price of the hotel. One of my business partners loves going to Toronto. It's his sleeper great city. What's your favorite place to travel to for business?

I only travel domestically for business currently, but I would have to say either NY, NY, Chicago, San Francisco for big cities and believe it or not, I really like visiting Milwaukee, but only visiting.

I loved going to England on business, though it's been years! I was in Hursley, England for 4 months. I learned a great deal about the English culture and made some great friends
Wayne

I went around the world in my previous job - testing undersea fiber optic networks and lived in the UK for a few years when I was in the military.

My favorite places:

- San Louis Obispo CA. The worlds most perfect climate and a cool artsy little town.

- Edinburgh Scotland. Most picturesque town in the world.

- Hong Kong. Best food in the world.

- Bermuda. Nicest beaches and prettiest water in the world.

- Columbia. Most beautiful women in the world.

- Halifax Nova Scotia. Friendliest people in the world

My must see sites:

- Galapagos Islands
- The Pyramids
- The Louvere
- The ruins at Sacsayhuaman
- The redwoods (Avenue of the Giants is the best site)
- The Inside Passage

I just returned from a 2 week business trip to Melbourne, Australia, Singapore and Tokyo. I was fairly impressed with all 3 locations. The Australian people are very warm and friendly, the customs are similar to the US. Other than driving on the wrong side of the road and those crazy hook turns this place is very American friendly. Lots of theatre and other things to do like Australian Rules football (finals started this week).

I enjoyed Singapore also because it is a well established business center and very business traveller friendly. I like the full oriental "head-on" fish experience. I had a dinner at Chinatown including "drunken prawns" (shrimp live flash stir fried in some kind of flaming liquor at your table). I also visited Little India which included a stop at Mustafa Center. I picked up Gillette 7 O'Clock Greens (200 for $30S which is like $23 for 200 blades). They also had Astra Stainless blues, 100 for $8S, $6US, and Tabac shave sticks for $9.8S, $7.50US. The only word of advice in the business places in town is always call for a cab and don't wait at the taxi stands. It takes forever to flag a cab.

I just stayed in the airport (Narita) Hotel in Tokyo but the place was one of the nicest airports I have seen, very business friendly and extremely clean and well organized.

Top Bottom