What's new

Can’t wait for Fathers’ Day

After reading a lot in here as well as viewing mantic59 videos on YouTube I have taken the plunge. I have ordered a complete set to start off:
• Merkur Long handled Heavy Classic 38C
• Vulfix 1000A Pure Badger
• Colonel Conk: Almond Shave Soap; Bay Rum Shave Soap; Styptic Pencil
• Stand, Mug & Blades

I have to wait till Fathers’ Day and act surprised. The more I read and watch I am excite at the thought I will finally get the shave I know I have been missing. As I guy with a beard and moustache the areas I shave I want to look clean and neat all day.

Thanks! I was not a genius on this I went to Vintage Blade and they had “starter sets.” I did upgrade the stand and mug as well as opted for an extra soap. The Styptic Pencil was a bow to the inevitable as I do not look good with toilet paper on my face.

I think I took as long as I did to buy something was I could not really find anything locally. I have looked for several months on line and the package deal sort of took the sting out of the initial investment.

If anyone else is experience the quandary of analysis paralysis like I was the packages may be the easiest way to dive in: Vintage Blade Safety Set.

1 cake of Colonel Conk soap was included in set. For whatever reason I have decided I would like to start with soap and since I am totally new (heck I have to wait 13 more days and then act surprised before I try my stuff) I have no comparison base.

Kudos to the 38c..my first and still in my rotation. Very easy to learn and still feels well in hand. I would try to ween off the styptic pencil pretty soon though....many good alternatives out there that dont sting the living hell out of your face!

Top Bottom