What's new

Wapencia Razor Starter Str8 Kits

The Wapencia razor is one of most popular affordable entry straight razors. They are all steel. These razors are honed, super sharp, treated with Tuf-Glide preservative and ready to shave. The razor comes with a three month hone warranty just pay for return shipping. Satisfaction guaranteed.

My Filly Strop is an entry level strop and it is also great as a travel strop . They are 2"X19" and made from 7-9oz full grain cowhide, it has a suede finish on the smooth side. The rough side of the strop is pasted with .5µ chromium oxide for touching up the edge of the razor between honings. The strops are ready to go, I break in the leather as I make them.

The Wapi with the Filly strop combined sell for $75.00. This is a 10% savings from purchasing them separately. I will add a boar hair brush, cake of soap and styptic pencil for $10.00 more. Instead of a boar hair brush I can add in a Tweezerman badger silver tip hair brush with a cake of soap and the styptic pencil for $30.00.

The Wapi and Filly strop, with US shipping, $75.00.
The Wapi and Filly strop, boar hair brush, cake of soap and styptic pencil, with US shipping $85.00
The Wapi and Filly strop, Tweezerman badger silver tip brush, cake of soap and styptic pencil, with US shipping. $105.00.

International shipping fees depend on country of destination. I ship world wide.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Can someone give an advice for some REAL newbie in straight? How would be this one?

PM accepted, I understand it would be strange discuss it here... Thanks!!

The Wapi alone is $50.00 shipping for the US. International shipping is extra depending on the country.

The razor is honed to a primo edge. I treat the blade with Tuf-Glide. It is shave ready.

What size is the blade on the wapi and is there a pricing for just the wapi alone?

thx!

The Wapi is a 5/8 oblique point, 1/2 hollow ground razor. The scales are stainless steel the blade is Swedish steel. I sell the razors shave ready. I hone them and treat them with Tuf-Glide. I warranty the edge for three months, for just the cost of return shipping, $5.00. This warranty is intended especially for beginners that mess up the edge while learning to hone. You can also use the warranty at the end of three months to get your razor freshly honed. Satisfaction guaranteed. I prefer PayPal.

For the next next week or until stock runs out, I'll the Wapi along for $50.00 (normally $58.00) with shipping for the US included. Outside of the US, shipping is extra. (I ship priority international only and must declare as commercial samples for customs purposes. I run my business with the up-most integrity.)

What size is the blade on the wapi and is there a pricing for just the wapi alone?

thx!

I'm tempted too. Any veteran straight users care to chime in with their thoughts on this razor?

Cheers

Jeremy

PS. Happy birthday Rich!

I'm certainly no "veteran", but these are great shavers. I would imagine you could find one of these in a lot of people's razor stables, and it's generally regarded as a good blade. To be perfectly honest, the scales are way too heavy for me. However, scales are cheap and easy to change. For a very reasonable price you end up with a great razor. You add the honing warranty, it's a no-brainer.

I'm certainly no "veteran", but these are great shavers. I would imagine you could find one of these in a lot of people's razor stables, and it's generally regarded as a good blade. To be perfectly honest, the scales are way too heavy for me. However, scales are cheap and easy to change. For a very reasonable price you end up with a great razor. You add the honing warranty, it's a no-brainer.

Thanks Erick

Can't ask for a better recommendation than that. I think it's time to press the green button.

Cheers

Jeremy

i really like the one i have honed up.

personally, i think the heavier grind on this razor works well for beginners. the extra weight in the blade and stiffness helps with the initial stroke (which was hard for me with a full hollow).

the only down side is the heavy scales- already mentioned that they are cheap enough and easy enough to replace.

the really nice deal here is the 3 month guaranty.

$75 bucks to make the jump... not bad at all and a great razor at that.

cheers,
ryan

Thanks. That gives me even more confidence. The only issue is Kenrup stating that he wants to use priority international. That adds about 50% to the cost of the razor. If we can work around that, then I'll be adding a new razor.

Cheers

Jeremy

And priority mail+the real value announced to the customs will give you taxes to pay, too.
That will even add, and will probably bring the total amount near from twice his price.
I "just" didn't buy because of these 2 points.

The blades are generally very well regarded. Take a look over at StraightRazorPlace and you will see. The main complaint always seems to be the scales. I had one a while back. The scales really throw it off balance, making it a little harder than it should be to keep the correct blade angle, especially if you are just learning. You can buy replacement scales at Classic Shaving, or check here or on SRP - there should be somebody who will change the scales for you, maybe even put some custom scales on it.

As I recall, these are Polish NOS razors, used mainly in medical settings (the all metal construction no doubt was useful for sterilization). You used to be able to find them on eBay for cheaper, but they were not honed. I just checked, and it looks like the guy in Poland must have finally run out. He also sold them through a seller called stamps22. Stamps has one up for auction now, but it is already up to $30.

Top Bottom