What's new

Pics Of The New Georgetown Pottery Scuttle(g3)

Here it is, the newest addition to GP!! Its pictured here in Hamada and Blue

The ordered G3 scuttles are in the kiln, this one pictured was our test run... and we are pretty pleased!! Keep your fingers crossed!!!

The G3 allows water to pass within the double walled mug under the inner shave bowl to keep your lather warm all over, and has a comfort handle to hold the mug during the lathering process. It has the look and feel of the G2, but a little bit classier, and refined.

We are still not 100% sure with our production as of right now, we will know better at the begining of next week, if the kiln gods are with us, and the scuttles come out super gorgeous, then they take a day trip to the photographers, and then will be shipped out to those patient men with bated breath.... Who knows, maybe your scuttle ( if pre-ordered as of last week) might be the one the photgrapher chooses as the "perfect scuttle" to be photographed for our catalogue and website. After the photoshoot, they will be available on our website georgetownpottery.com for easy ordering.

***The G2 (oribe and purple) is pictured on the left, the G3 (blue and hamada) is on the right.**

*also, I have NO G2's left to glaze, I do however have this G2 (oribe and purple) pictured (the light green) as well as one G2 not pictured which is cobalt and purple left over from a previous batch made....these are the last two in stock!! $38.00 plus S&H

CALL 1.866.zen.pots M-S 8:30-5pm EST

I will keep everyone updated!! Feel free to call Lori or I at the phone # above for any burning questions!!

Jess

get ready for a G3 order avalanche :w00t:

But yeah it'll really look nice in the bathroom hun :rolleyes:

I'll be calling also

Really, how many products out there actually make your life better after you possess it? The G3 looks like one of them. I have never had warm 2nd and
3rd pass lather. But, that may change after the G3 becomes available.

What's the capacity for the bowls on the scuttles?

I got the G2 version and it holds 12 ounces in the bowl and about 8 ounces between the walls,(just measured) I would imagine the G3 would be close but maybe slightly different as the G3 lets water under the base of the interior bowl to keep the lather warmer where as the G2 only lets water around the sides, they are very huge and nice and the ridges at the bottom do help to create a lather quicker, they work better as do any scuttle I guess if you pre-soak the entire thing

I am looking forward to the price, and I love the work I see here, and the detailed reviews of this scuttle. I'd really like to own one, but...

I am concerned about mildew and mold, very concerned. How do you clean the thing? Do I have to flush it out with bleach water once a week?

all of our pottery is microvave, dishwasher and ovenproof!!

Aside from the two latter, pop it in the dishwasher, or you can bleach it as well for extra squeeky cleanliness. The scuttles are glazed in the inner walls as well, so mold shouldnt grow- we fire our kilns to 2400 degrees, so it has a glassy finish, and its not porous. We have a HUGE shards pile out in back of the pottery (35 years worth) and I havent ever seen mold growing, and the colors are just as vivid as if they came out of the kiln....we are saving it for an archaelogical dig someday...lol

We have a couple G3's in stock!!!!!!!!!! (can you believe it?)
CALL 1866.ZEN.POTS AND ASK FOR LORI OR JESSICA

Ivory and oribe
Oribe and purple
Ivory (plain ivory, very subtle hints of blues)

G2 scuttles available tHIS IS THE LAST ONE

Oribe and purple ($38.00 plus $11.00S&H=$49.00)

G3 scuttles are now (for all pre-ordered G3's we charged the G2 price)

$42.00
+$11.00 (S&H)
= $53.00

The G3's are back form the photoshoot, and were shipped about an hour ago, they will be postd on georgetownpottery.com in about a weeks time.....

***I have plenty of G3's now in out of the bisque, and ready for orders!!!****-The lead time for ordered scuttles is about 1 week, and a few days for shipping!!

Your bowls look wonderful!

I like a ceramic scuttle with one of those bulb type handles so I can cradle the vessel in my palm or fingers. Do you make any like this?

What would you charge to ship to Hawaii?

Top Bottom