What's new

a plug for HoneyBee Spa (Sue's) Ye Old Barbershop

I've been married 17 years. (Happily, for the most part.)

I get up. Shave. Don't ever recall a word being said about how I smell.

Got up this a.m. Shaved using Sue's Ye Old Barbershop soap.
(I still think Old should be spelled Olde :wink:)

Ronna (my better half) passes by me in the kitchen and says, "Mmmmm. Spicy and sweet."

I think I'll keep this soap.

Tomorrow you should try using Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. I guarantee she'll have comments* about it too. :biggrin:

*By comments I mean, "have you been wrestling bears in a pile of old tires?"

Can you compare the smell of it to anything (aside from a barbershop)
Tony -

Sue's description on her 'Bay store is "... [a] nostalgic blend of Amber and Rum heart notes with a light top note of Musk and Bay."

I'd say that that's as good (or better) a description as I could provide.

Curiously (sadly?), I've not yet attended a barbershop where the amber & rum flows ... .

Cheers,

- Richard

I just got my soap in yesterday! I haven't used it yet, but just the smell when I opened the wrapper... WOW! I got quite a few others that all smelled good, but nothing was as good as the Ye Old(e) Barbershop. I was iffy when buying it because I'm 21 and thought it may smell too "old man-ish" for me. Boy was I wrong!

If you can spare the 3 bucks or whatever it costs for this soap, get it! If you don't like the way it lathers you can always leave it in bathroom for just the pleasing scent

I just ordered the Coffee Mocha & the Barbershop along with the Fresh Lemon. Can't wait to try them! They sound like real winners.

I tried Ye Old Barbershop soap today and it irritated by face pretty bad. My face tingled a little as I lathered it on, then it started to itch. I rushed through my first pass then rinsed off my face and started over with a different soap that I never had problems with. My face now feels like it is sunburnt.

I hope to have better luck with the other two soaps from my HBS 3-pack (Victorian Rose & Mayan Gold).

Does anyone think I should let Sue know my experience with this soap?
Maybe she can let me know which fragrance(s) in Ye Old Barbershop I should avoid in the future.

- John

I tried Ye Old Barbershop soap today and it irritated by face pretty bad. My face tingled a little as I lathered it on, then it started to itch. I rushed through my first pass then rinsed off my face and started over with a different soap that I never had problems with. My face now feels like it is sunburnt.

I hope to have better luck with the other two soaps from my HBS 3-pack (Victorian Rose & Mayan Gold).

Does anyone think I should let Sue know my experience with this soap?
Maybe she can let me know which fragrance(s) in Ye Old Barbershop I should avoid in the future.

- John

All our soap ladies are big on feedback and customer satisfaction, so definitely let her know. And if nothing else, you'll be helping someone else avoid a problem (maybe you have a sensitivity to some ingredient, maybe she will tweak the recipe for the next batch, etc.).

John,
Definitely let Sue know about the reaction - she has great customer service. When I received my first sampler of soaps in December, I had the same reaction to her Almond soap. I let her know about it and she said I could mix it with the unscented to see if it helped. I never tried that as I was traveling and didn't have the soap with me at the time. Also, definitely try the other two soaps. The other five HBS soaps I've tried I've had no problems with (other than they don't last forever). Hope the other two work well for you.

BJ

I just got my order in today's mail: fresh lemon, almond, barbershop, & mocha coffee. The mocha & almond just about exploded with scent once the wrapper was removed and the mocha smells particularly yummy. Just like a good cup of coffee.

The lemon is more subdued, but very fresh and bright.

The barbershop had hardly any scent and what it had, I can't really place. I must have to lather that one up for full effect and see what happens.

Hmmm ... love that coffee mocha smell in the morning...,

+1

Al

That is exactly what I shaved with last night.

While I love her soaps that is not ranked up in my favorite scents. I'm an absolute coffee fanatic (coffee snob if you will...) and fake coffee scents just don't do much more me. I just can't get behind coffee flavored candy, etc because it does not smell/taste like true coffee. I'd love to have a true coffee scented soap. I guess roasting my own coffee makes me more sensitive to the subtleties of the smell.

That being said, the scent of the Coffee Mocha is not off putting and it lathers well so I'm happy to have it in my rotation.

That is exactly what I shaved with last night.

While I love her soaps that is not ranked up in my favorite scents. I'm an absolute coffee fanatic (coffee snob if you will...) and fake coffee scents just don't do much more me. I just can't get behind coffee flavored candy, etc because it does not smell/taste like true coffee. I'd love to have a true coffee scented soap. I guess roasting my own coffee makes me more sensitive to the subtleties of the smell.

That being said, the scent of the Coffee Mocha is not off putting and it lathers well so I'm happy to have it in my rotation.

Try the QED Mocha Java Shave Stick...

I e-mailed Sue and let her know the listing for the Barbershop soap had run out. She said she re-listed, so if this thread motivates anyone else to try it, there should be some now.

Top Bottom