What's new

Wardonia Blades

I have just got myself a Wardonia Devon in brand new condition in original box, even the inlay piece. It also came with several Wardonia "Barrel-Hole" blades.

I would like to use this DE razor with a more modern blade, that you can still purchase. Has anybody any idea where you can buy them from. I looked in another post and somebody suggested that a company manufactured them still in Japan.

I have attached a photo, the more modern "Feather" is on the left and I have highlighted the area that catches the pegs. An original Wardonia blade is on the right, and this fits perfectly.

I was planning on using the razor as a travel razor as it comes in a very neat original carry case.

I only live 15 miles away from the original Wardonia factory, which still stands I think. This is my 1st post on this forum, which I have been reading for a couple of weeks. It is really useful.

Thanks,

Carl

I couldn't recommend a blade for you, but could we get some more pictures of the razor and case? I think it looks interesting. Also, there's the possibility that the old factory may contain some blades, if you ever have a look around :innocent:

Well, it should not be a problem to find regular DE blades. You don´t have to go as far as Japan. First, take a look into some drugstores. They should stock some DE blades (e.g. Wilkinson sword) with the usual catridge razors. Another option is to get blades online. Search for "Derby" for example on ebay. These blades are made in Turkey and seem to be quite popular here.
Note that all mentioned blades have the same slot as the pictured Feather blade. So if this fits, all will fit.

The feather blade doesnt fit, I have a selection of about 20 different recently manufactured blades and none fit.

Here are some more photos. I cannot believe how good condition it is.

If anybody is interested in making an offer for it I may sell, as I think the blade thing might be an issue. Or if somebody has got something more standard that I could use for travel I could trade...

It has a very nice "Blade Bank" with it too. In the same model and design.

carlinski

I've got a Wardonia (nothing like as nice as yours!), and when I want to put a blade in, I just snap those little flanges out with a pair of pliers.

It works perfectly.

Best Regards &

Welcome Aboard

Graham

I see where your coming from. I did try it with some small tin snips, but once I had snipped them out, it would not sit squarely. Maybe there is an art to it?

Its not something I fancy doing on a regular basis...

I have about 30 Wardonia blades (unused), are these kind of blades capable of being sharpened, and if so what kind of equipment would I need?

Thats a sleek looking DE.....thanks for posting those other pics! I know they used to make some sharpening "glasses" that you would sort of spin around on the inside to sharpen the blade. There are also some hones that are "scooped" in the center and you move the blade back and forth to sharpen it. I've seen both versions on Ebay and at antique shops for reasonable prices. The glass one looks like a glass you'd use to pour a mixed drink maybe and the other one is in this display box of mine....

proxy.php

Top Bottom