What's new

Find at flea market – a British Aristocrat?

Hello,

After seeing what some member of this forum score in antique stores and clearance sales, I’ve decided to make the most of a fine sunny morning and take a stroll on one of the more charismatic areas of Lisbon to go to our biggest flea market.

Please check what I’ve found:

Is this a 16 British Aristocrat? It was a mess, full of hardened soap and the like, but after boiling and scrubbing it with a toothbrush I was surprised with its good condition, although the case is some notches below.

I guess it well deserved the 10 euros I’ve spent.

And what about the other razor? What could it be? I guess it’s a bit on the ordinary side, but it only cost 2 euro.

Not a bad start, and I’m looking to shave with it. I wonder how different from Merkur 38 C it going to be?

Outstanding score. I'll let an expert state whether its a 16, 66, etc. but it is definitely a very nice British aristocrat.

Thank you for you nice comments. To be honest, i must look like someone who had just won the lottery.

I've just returned home after seeing Terry Jones' "evil machines". My wife said she was suprised that i didn't bring the razor in the pocket. "just for a glance at intermission".

Nice score. Gorgeous razor. I haven't had much luck with the antique shops in my area.

€2 isn't a bad price for the fat-handled tech either. They don't go for a ton of money, but if you decide you don't like it you might sell it and make a buck or two on the B/S/T forum.

Just an update.
Showing an unusual amount of self-control, I’ve decided to wait until my wife got the razor trough the autoclave in the beauty saloon she goes to.

Tonight is the night!

Jay, thanks for the thumbs up. Regarding the tech I figure that if I like it, it can become my travel razor. If I ever loose my bags I would’ bang my head on the wall.

Thursday I’ll go on vacation for 3 weeks to Thailand and Cambodia. Considering the internal flights I’ll probably take about 10 planes….the odds are slightly increased….

Yup, just to confirm, that is a #66. Heck of a find.

And also the fat handled Tech. Pretty common, but it was a good price, and it's a good razor.

-Mo

Top Bottom