What's new

Gillette and 7 O'Clock

One for the razor historians here. I see 7 O'clock Razors on ebay, were they an independant company bought out by Gillette, and if so when? I see the blades are now marked Gillette 7 O' Clock.

totally different blades. confusing, nonetheless though.

one is 7AM, one is 7 O'clock

Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge (Made in Russia)

Top quality Gillette blades made in their state-of-the-art plant in St. Petersburg, Russia. Sharp and smooth and multi-coated. Superb Gillette quality from Europe.

7AM Platinum (made in India)

Appreciated for their sharpness, the 7AM blades are made using Swedish steel on modern manufacturing equipment. Plated with chromium and platinum for sharpness and durability. Made on Wilkinson machinery.

Think theres some confusion, I know you can get 7 'O Clock blades marketed as Gillette 7 O'Clock.I'm trying to find out about the 7 O'Clock razors they were made in england. Nothing to do with 7am.

The 7AMs (green wrapper) are total garbage, imho. The Gillette 7 O'clocks are nice, but I got only 2 shaves out of them.

Top quality Gillette blades made in their state-of-the-art plant in St. Petersburg, Russia. Sharp and smooth and multi-coated. Superb Gillette quality from Europe.

Appreciated for their sharpness, the 7AM blades are made using Swedish steel on modern manufacturing equipment. Plated with chromium and platinum for sharpness and durability. Made on Wilkinson machinery.

7 O'clock blades have been made in India for many years now - Green Wrapper and Black Wrapper. I have been DE shaving for many years and have never seen 7AM brand from India. I doubt if 7AM brand and 7 O'clock brand coexist in India. There is also a Gillette 7 O'clock DE razor made in India called Gillette Sterling. The following link will take you to a thread on this forum where you can see the pictures of both Indian 7 O'clock razor and blades.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6179&page=2&highlight=india+gillette

I did some further search online and I could not find any information that would indicate 7AM blades are made in India. Only blades made in India are Gillette 7 O'clock.

There are several 7 O'Clock Razors, including more than one double edge model. The double edge models I know of are Permasharp, Sterling, and Super Platinum. I think the Sterling is the only one with a metal head. The Permasharp is barely one step up from a disposable, with a short hollow handle and a one-piece snap-on top. The Super Platinum looks similar to the current Wilkinson plastic razor.

I got a Super Platinum, and it's actually the same as the super-cheapo Permasharp, except the handle is longer. Both of these razors are all plastic, and the top flips open to install the blade.

The Permasharp is also sold as the Super Click in other parts of Asia.

In use, these razors all feel like disposables, since they are so light. The blade can get curved slightly downwards when installed.

These razors all rate more than one notch below the Wilkinson plastic razor, which has a much more solid feel to it, despite being mostly plastic.

Are the green pack "Super stainless" Gillette 7 O'Clock the very good blades that people are saying are as good/better than the Swedes? The seller claims they are made in St. Petersburg. I've seen pictures of another type of Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow "Sharp Edge" pack as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/50-Gillette-7-OClock-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-Blades_W0QQitemZ250244340004QQihZ015QQcategoryZ35989QQcmdZViewItem

50 pack for $10 plus a few bucks for shipping... a good deal...

Has anyone tried them ?

V

VR6ofpain

proxy.php

I was wondering the same thing. This guy is also selling some BIC blades:

proxy.php

RE: The 7 O'clock blades made in St. Petersburgh, I've been told that the green packs are stainless and the yellow ones are stainless coated with platinum or chrome.

One for the razor historians here. I see 7 O'clock Razors on ebay, were they an independant company bought out by Gillette, and if so when? I see the blades are now marked Gillette 7 O' Clock.

Here is a 7 O'clock razor I got with a lot from England. It looks to be an English NEW knockoff. The "Made in England" imprint underhead looks very much like a Gillette stamp.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Razor historian? Yep, that's going on my resume.

V

VR6ofpain

Sounds like no one has tried the green Gillette 7 O'Clock blades?

Top Bottom