What's new

Last in the "Joel" Series... for now

Well, this is the 2nd to last custom for a bit. I have one more razor like "big bad red" to do and then I absolutely have to make some furniture for the wifey poo before she kills me.

This one has a CA finish over Amboyna burl, aluminum liners, ATS-34 steel with a 600 grit brush finish, two types of filework on the tang, and a 2mm Alpinite gem to get a little attention.

Joel told me to hang on to this one for a little bit to enjoy my own work. So, what do y'all think? Keep it for a couple months? Maybe we could pass it around to the membership to see if it hold up and then we can just make sure it gets to him by, let's say, summertime. Who wants to handle the sign-up sheet?

:em19: I'm high maintenance and carry a lot of baggage. This will be cheaper...

Provided those bags are full of razors :tongue:

Seriously - that is a GORGEOUS hunk of Amboyna Burl my friend, probably the nicest I have ever seen... you fooled me when you said you were going to use madrone burl :wink:

No matter what, I have to get one of your custom razors in 2008. It's really hard to one-up a guy when he pulls out a Bill Ellis razor. There are very few shaving-related items that can compare.:w00t:

No matter what, I have to get one of your custom razors in 2008. It's really hard to one-up a guy when he pulls out a Bill Ellis razor. There are very few shaving-related items that can compare.:w00t:

Owning 2... soon to be 3 :biggrin: - I can tell you, you're right. Pictures don't do his work justice, and Bill's work is really on a different level. His stuff makes some custom makers work look just plain shoddy.

For 2008.... I gotta get one of his customs with his amazingly cool pins, like he did on the "Big Dipper" razor. His pins he does on his knives and some of his razors are just f'in amazing, and really add an incredible touch. A mirror polished blade, or a Mike Blue Damascus blade with a neat/old school shape (maybe concave grind) sitting in highly polished hippo ivory scales (with ebony wood liners) and his killer custom pins would be just an AMAZING razor. I'm drooling just thinking about it!

BERAD - Bill Ellis Razor Acquisition Disorder! :biggrin:

I'm not a str8 user (yet) but this is the most beautiful str8 razor I've seen.
I love the Bural. :001_tt1:
I keep seeing these and it will not be long till I try one out...
I know who I'm calling when I'm ready to take the plunge.
Thank you for showing this sweet piece Bill.

Are you kidding me? That is one of the most gorgeous, elegant, most unique straight razors I've seen on here. Absolutely fantastic work :thumbup: , though I'd never be able to afford such a gem.

Wow!

Bill...this is a beautiful razor.

Joel....if you need some $$$ to acquire another Bill Ellis razor, I'd be happy to take a TI or two off of your hands:biggrin:

Top Bottom