What's new

Shave experience spreadsheet

J

Jarmo P

I made one for to record the blades I use from my sample Pack.

proxy.php

Since I am a relatively new in DE shaving my technique is developing same time as that record builds. So I am changing between these blade brands and it takes time, very long time. That is why a need for the recording some sort of history.

Those one liners in the spreadsheet are in finnish language, so you won't be able to understand them, but I made the headers in english, so you will get the idea.

Jarmo

Those one liners in the spreadsheet are in finnish language, so you won't be able to understand them, but I made the headers in english, so you will get the idea.
I'm able to understand them, varsin kelvosti. :001_cool:

That is a nice way to keep book about your shavings. I have had ideas to put some markings on my Moleskine after each shave. I guess some of the gentlemen here also do that.

J

Jarmo P

(PS. Any chance of you translating the whole thing?)

Would not be much point since they are only personal comments of a newbie about sharpness/"dullness" of blades, irritation. View that depend much on the mood when first trying a new blade first time.

I am lucky that I have only one razor, Merkur HD. Many razors would complicate things needing separate spreadsheets for each. Then comes shaving cream/soap/gel used. I try to keep constant, but where is the fun then trying new stuff, better lather etc.

Just too many variables to make anything scientific but only some bookkeeping cause otherwise one sure would forget and memory twists strangely in the long run.

Next blade after that Wilkinson will be again the "swede". They are my current favorites, but they are also the most expensive one. 1 euro/blade when bought locally here. And I desperately try to find another brand that I like more. Since I have never even used Gillette razors, the cartridge ones. But I think from now on it have to be alternating between Gillette Platinum and other blades.

I like also Feathers and have 102 blades of them. They give also an effortless shave, but not sure if they remove a bit too much skin epidermis.

And although it is not as nice to shave with those other blades since they are not so sharp, I will have to also inspect if they are still friendlier on the skin. And so perhaps one of them might be my new fave. Will be a many month long journey and that time I have sure got my second DE razor too. But I try to resist :p

Man, that is methodical. I take my hat off to you!

Cheers

Jeremy

(PS. Any chance of you translating the whole thing?)

+1. I thought I was the only one that did stuff like this. I haven't because I want to keep it fun, although I'm keeping a scaled down version of this for myself. Just blades I like and ones I don't.

I like also Feathers and have 102 blades of them. They give also an effortless shave, but not sure if they remove a bit too much skin epidermis.

You may want to try the red-wrapped Personnas. I have found them to be a somewhere between the Merkurs (not sharp enough) and the Feathers.

Letterk has these. There have been a few threads and posts about where they are by made and by who, but the consensus appears to be that the blades are very good. Could be what you are looking for. If there is room on the spreadsheet of course.

Cheers

Jeremy

never thought about creating a spreadsheet, should've done so when I started working through the sample pack as I'm going to have to buy another one when I run out

can't remember how the shaves were since I've only gone through 3 brands in almost 2 years

Reminds me too much of work. I want shaving to be enjoyable. I can remember what works and what doesn't. Keep it simple.

Top Bottom