What's new

T&H Rose Review - Discussion thread

I find the T&H creams to all be of the same efficacy--I only find the scents different. And I have to say that I really like the muted rose scent that is in the T&H. I'm not a big fan of the Trumpers' Rose scent, and I'll probably never try the Taylor's but I do look forward to trying Salter's Rose at some point. Nice review Scotto!

I have the T&H Rose and really enjoy it. I was not sure I would at first but I have come to like it quite a bit. I have never tried the Trumpers, Salters, or Taylors so I am unable to compare it to another Rose cream. I can say that judging by pictures I have seen of the Trumpers and Taylors, I like that the T&H has a great deal less colouring added. Importantly, the scent is nice and I get very good shaves from it.

Strangely, of the T&H creams I have this is the only one with a different consistency. The others are much firmer, while the Rose is very soft... sort of "muddy" really.

I still love this shave cream. I bought an extra tub last time I was at Nordstroms in case they stop offering it in the U.S.

Austin said:
I still love this shave cream. I bought an extra tub last time I was at Nordstroms in case they stop offering it in the U.S.
Wise decision Andrew, rumor has it that this particular fragrance is to be discontinued shortly along with... (ooops! gotta' save those rumors for another day!)

T&H Rose is, I think, the only tub of cream that SWMBO actually purchased FOR me...
I like it quite a bit. It was the cream they were using out of the latherking when I went to T&H in Vegas for a shave (a Christmas present, also....).
John P.

Well, clearly there is a manufacturing consistency thing here. I find T&H Rose not at all firm and incredibly lathery. The only cream that's less firm I've seen is Nancy Boy's cream. Rose is similar to taylor avocado for me. It leaves my face a little more silky after than avocado, but the lather is not quite as thick during the shave itself. I don't have taylor or trumpet rose to compare to, but I am somewhat surprised by the statements in the posted review based on my own experience.

I've tried T&H 1805 and Trafalgar creams and while I love the scents I found the lubricity to be subpar. I managed to improve the lubricity but it required so much cream that it felt like it was caked on my face. I still think T&H has the best scents though.

McNutt said:
I've tried T&H 1805 and Trafalgar creams and while I love the scents I found the lubricity to be subpar. I managed to improve the lubricity but it required so much cream that it felt like it was caked on my face. I still think T&H has the best scents though.
Since it appears almost obvious that you have water problems, your location isn't. While there are personal differences in the many subtleties of various shaving creams, you are amongst the few, the proud, the (apparently) cursed by water that question the lubrication provided by T&H creams. Are you in an area where there seems to be a high incidence of kidney stones? It sounds like mean ol' calcium carbinate is getting into play..

While it seems Mrs. Malaprop visited most of the shaving forums with "LUBRICITY" some time ago, allow me to quote a few #1 definitions for you from Merriam Webster on "Lubricity:"
"1. The state of being lubricious"
Hmmm...
"Lubricious"
"1. Marked by wantonness; lecherous, also salacious."

BTW, the only reason I have noted the use of "LUBRICITY" is that many years ago while reading a sordid novel, I came across this word and thought that (perhaps) it was one of those that should evoke some reaction. So, I bothered to look it up and the reading got better... :wink2:

Top Bottom