What's new

Chronik Razor

I read an older post by Joel that mentioned his "Chronik" razor is the best of any of his others including a damascus and feather artist series... never heard of it? What is it? Who made it? What makes it so good? I imagine they are hard to find? I did a yahoo search and just found a lot of information about green drugs.

HeadandFaceShaver said:
I read an older post by Joel that mentioned his "Chronik" razor is the best of any of his others including a damascus and feather artist series... never heard of it? What is it? Who made it? What makes it so good? I imagine they are hard to find? I did a yahoo search and just found a lot of information about green drugs.

When I FIRST started this hobby approx 4 years ago, I stumbled on this razor on an ebay auction, where I was also able to pick up a new old stock filarmonica mighty cheap. The Chronik was about $20 or so, and I had never used a 6/8 at that time - so I picked it up on the cheap - knowing nothing about it. When it arrived I was shocked, as it looked "messed" up, as the blade has a VERY strange almost liquid like look to it. I went to a local barber shop and asked about it, and the old fellas there got MIGHTY excited and ranted and raved about what a super razor it was, and one of the barbers offered me $150 for it. I was pretty surprised - so I posted about it on straight razor place (back in the day when it was a terrible yahoo forum) and asked for more info on it, and 2-3 guys immediatly emailed me and offered me big coin for it ($250) and one fella offered to trade me a mint 6/8 dubl duck wonderedge for it (back when those were the bee's knees and brought in mega bucks). No one really seemed to know about it - but I was able to get THE best shaves of my life with the thing.... and without having to stop it. I went 2 weeks once without stropping it.... never pulled. The thing is scary, scary sharp - all I need is ONE pass WITH the grain for a perfect shave.... normally I do at least 3 and go against the grain.

It is without question the best razor I have ever experienced, and I only use it MAX 1-2X a year on very special occasions, as everytime I use it, I REALLY want to make it my daily shaver, but since I have so many other razors (and so many I want to keep) I don't want to have "one" razor I use. The jiist of it is - my particular Chronik is hands down the finest shaving device I have ever experienced.... can't speak to others as I have never been able to locate another - and have only heard of one other fella on the forum who posted pics of his black handled Chronik and remarked he liked his as much as I like mine. Other than that.... it seems they are awful uncommon.

Just to thwart any potential enquiries... it is not for sale... at any price.

roughrider said:
How about some pictures of this amazing razor?
P1010319.JPG

Far left. Notice the weird looking blade? The way the light reflects off it? It is pretty difficult to get a halfway decent picture of it... I could spend literally 20 minutes trying to get a picture of the thing.

Top Bottom