What's new

Another blade find: Astra Keramik Platinum

I'm continuing the blade exploration, and this morning found another blade that seems as good (to me, YMMV) as the Treet Blue Special: the Astra Keramik Platinum, made in the Czech Republic. Like the TBS, it's very sharp and also very smooth. Used it in a Gillette NEW and got a BBS shave.

It's stainless, so it won't require the rubbing alcohol rinse that the Treet does, and it may also last longer. I'm looking forward to continuing to use it to see how well it does over time. (Note: the AKP blade runs 35¢ each, the Treet 11.5¢. So one must take that into consideration as well.)

It's a big blade universe, and I'm looking forward to exploring it. Next up: the Wilkinson Economie.

I'm continuing the blade exploration, and this morning found another blade that seems as good (to me, YMMV) as the Treet Blue Special: the Astra Keramik Platinum, made in the Czech Republic. Like the TBS, it's very sharp and also very smooth. Used it in a Gillette NEW and got a BBS shave.

It's stainless, so it won't require the rubbing alcohol rinse that the Treet does, and it may also last longer. I'm looking forward to continuing to use it to see how well it does over time. (Note: the AKP blade runs 35¢ each, the Treet 11.5¢. So one must take that into consideration as well.)

It's a big blade universe, and I'm looking forward to exploring it. Next up: the Wilkinson Economie.

I have be in touch with a few of my sources to introduce a few more brands here that are not available as of now. Shall keep you guys posted and especially you Michael since you seem to be the Bladeguy of B&B. :biggrin:

It's a big blade universe, and I'm looking forward to exploring it.
Blade-Trek....Captain LG exploring new metalloid forms....Keep the reports coming....Have already got 200 Debz + 200 IP's BUT what the heck !!!!

All is tradable in BladeWorld...

I'm continuing the blade exploration, and this morning found another blade that seems as good (to me, YMMV) as the Treet Blue Special: the Astra Keramik Platinum, made in the Czech Republic.
Breaking News: Giovanni just posted a correction message on R&B: the current production Keramiks are being made in Russia at the same factory as the Astra SP's. But who cares, as long as they're good?:wink:

I have be in touch with a few of my sources to introduce a few more brands here that are not available as of now. Shall keep you guys posted and especially you Michael since you seem to be the Bladeguy of B&B. :biggrin:
Try to keep a lookout for different Injectors, too! A few days ago I wouldn't have bothered to say this, but since having 2 really nice shaves from my new Schick J1 (see pics here) I'm interested. The only blades I have are from the local CVS, and seem to be really nice, but variety is always good! I know about the Pella source, but was besonst? :confused:

Top Bottom