What's new

Permutations

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It recently dawned upon me that the product of the number of razors, creams/soaps, and aftershaves that I use may well exceed the number of shaves I will be able to perform. That is, I can probably go the rest of my life without duplicating a shave.

Numerically, that's not too impressive (the cube root of 18,000, or around 50 years' worth of shaves, is roughly 26). Philosophically, however, it is a bit distressing to find that many potential shaves (slant bar/avocado/musgo anyone?) may never see the light of day.

Rather than wallow in a slough of despond, I guess I will have to drown my sorrows with the purchase of a new razor, another wacky cream, and some obscure balm. Ahh, RAD, SCAD, et. al.- the sophisticated gentleman's alcoholism.

In a related note, I understand that Ron has already begun to make reservations for his final shave, due to arrive in late August, 5027.

There are pressing matters, and then again, really pressing matters. Jay, I see you have hit upon one of the really pressing matters. It is far too frightening when you throw in the combinations and permutations addressing the application of a least 6 different hydrosols. I must admit your solution is absolutely on track!:lol:

ouch

Mind you, I didn't even consider razor/blade combinations as different entities. That alone ups the ante, and will virtually double my permutations when I receive the Derby blades.:lol:

Now where did I put that superspeed/feather?

Better not to think about such frightening prospects.

That being said, I have toyed with the idea of writing code to choose my daily permutations, since I tend to get paralyzed with choices in the early morning hours. I understand Ron has already gone this route, which can be reflected in the stock price of the various supercomputer makers.... :wink:

ouch

Let's see- I think I'm due for a 6E3 (MerkurHD/Feather, Harris Arlington, Harris milk for the uninitiated).:tongue:

Top Bottom