What's new

Single Ring Steal Part 2!

I picked up a collection of various junk on ebay for $15 a couple of days ago. The reason was a single ring contained in an Auto Strop box. The pictures were not clear so I took a gamble. Well, this is what came. No cracks in the handle and no bent or broken teeth. The first two pics are befores and the rest afters. I used the baking soda / aluminum foil trick followed by some Maas.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

great score! that has tidied up really nicely. be careful though, they're an aggressive little number. plenty of blade exposure.

Excellent find! It sure cleaned up well, too. Even the knob still has all of it's silver. It wasn't used too much.

What is the serial number on the knob?

Serial Number--M783756--the serial number on this razor was not on the knob but on the flat plate where the blade sits. I kept looking for it on the cylinder but couldn't find it. It is engraved really small (like almost-need-a-magnifying-glass-to-read-it small).

If I looked at the date wiki right, that would make it a 1920 razor. Nice to have a 92 year old razor come out that nice.

As an aside, this is my first old type, so I did not know that it unscrews from the bottom. I spent a couple of seconds trying to twist the handle by the head. I'm glad I didn't ruin it.

Last edited:
Nice job, that foil & baking soda trick looks to do a good job. Next time I'll try it. Mine is stamped K897850 (1919?). I had to use a loop to read those tiny numbers. LOL

Mine has a hairline crack on the handle, but oh well. It was fun to clean up.

Serial Number--M783756--the serial number on this razor was not on the knob but on the flat plate where the blade sits. I kept looking for it on the cylinder but couldn't find it. It is engraved really small (like almost-need-a-magnifying-glass-to-read-it small).

If I looked at the date wiki right, that would make it a 1920 razor. Nice to have a 92 year old razor come out that nice.

As an aside, this is my first old type, so I did not know that it unscrews from the bottom. I spent a couple of seconds trying to twist the handle by the head. I'm glad I didn't ruin it.

nice 1920 dude, good clean up 2

Top Bottom