What's new

Proraso in NYC?

Good evening gentlemen! Admittedly, it is a little late to ask for advice, but SWMBO has just informed me that we will be heading into NYC tomorrow to visit her mother, and I figured that while I was there I might be able to pick up a couple of things. I did a quick search of the shopping forum, and while I found the posts most useful (I definately drop by Pasteurs) I just had a couple of quick questions.

I am looking for Proraso products in particular (Damn you Target :mad: ), but I am also on the look out for some of the harder to find items such as Tabac (particularly the soap) or Speick. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks Jim!

Looks like I have a little bit of exploring to do this afternoon :biggrin: . I'll be sure and let everyone know if I stumble upon anything new and noteworthy in The Big Apple.

Just got back from NYC and thought I might give a heads up to anybody planning a trip there anytime soon. Along with Pasteurs (which is indeed quite the little shop :thumbup1: ) and Cambridge Chemists (which I didn't have the chance to visit) a little place called New London Pharmacy might be worth checking out.

Some of the offerings included Proraso, Volabra, Edwin Jagger, Musgo Real, some C&E items, GFT soap and cream, and what seemed to be a pretty complete selection of D.R. Harris. They also carried the Nivea shave cream in a tube (the German type), a selection of Roger&Gallet items and nice variety of Edwin Jagger brushes. Friendly enough help (if not terribly knowledgable), decent prices, and a wide selection of products make it a must stop if you are in the area.

New London Pharmacy
246 8th Ave. (Between 22nd and 23rd)
New York, NY 10011
212-243-4987

Try Bigelow's around 8th or 4th St on 6th or 7th AVe near the Village. It goes back to the 1830's and you can find unsualyy toiletries & apothecary items there. Check website for address.

Bigelow's has Proraso's, Trumper's, Taylor's, a good house brand, and most everything you would want to get. They are between 8th and 9th Streets on 6th Avenue, a couple of blocks north from the 14th Street Station. The phone is 212-533-2700. A fun store that is worth a visit.

Top Bottom