What's new

Chelsea's Unscented Shave Soap :-)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Moderately priced at $3.95 per puck w/ $3.50 USPS First Class Mail shipping (for the first puck and ¢50 for each additional puck), from Suwanee, GA, (purchased on Ebay…”augustine_9” is the Seller).

These light clear pucks are 2 ¾ inches in diameter across and weigh approximately 3 ½ ounces each. Although not being ‘tallow or milled’, after 3 months use, I do know that this Soap lasts a long time, though alittle softer soap than a few of the glycerin soaps (Van der Hagen, I’ve briefly used before).

These are glycerin-based soaps and according to Chelsea, the unscented puck is made with "Natural White Glycerin soap, French White Clay, Vitamin E and an amazing new product called Foaming Bath Butter". The foaming bath butter produces an incredible lather and each puck is made with high quality ingredients and processes using all natural Glycerin - no harsh chemicals to irritate my face which is ‘ideal’ for my sensitive skin.

OMG :a47: this Soap really generates a lot of incredible nice and thick lather ('uberlather' if you add a few dops of glycerin). Water retention of this Soap is wonderful and with about 6-8 whips to 'load' with either my restored Ever-Ready 150 Silvertip, Ever-Ready 250PB Pure Badger or Ever-Ready 200T Finest Badger Brush, around my shaving cup, this Soap produces a rich, unscented and dense 'stiff peak' lather.

Here is my drying test (got this idea from member Scotto's past posts), I lather my face and leave it on for at least 10 minutes and "hey, hey, hey", no problem with the lather drying out. :biggrin1:

Throughout the shave, the lather provided a lot of cushion and glide. I just have to say that this is the best shaving soap that I've ever tried…much better than the Williams (it dies out too quickly and has very low moisturizers) Soap I’ve been using for at least 30yrs and Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima (didn't like the almond scent and the itchy and irratating sensation not demonstrated with either the Williams and Chelse'a Soap), genersously provided (free of charge), by member BWagner, a.k.a. Bruce.

It lathers up quickly and soothes my face with no drying at all. This Soap lathers so easy and seems like it never dries out. I find that I get a much closer shave and a better lather with Chelsea's vs. Williams vs. Cella. Also, accordingly to Chelsea’s, the French Clay creates a slick moisturizing shaving soap which 'glides' using either my Merkur's 23C or 38C Razor over my skin with hardly any cuts and/or nicks.

I really love :001_tt1: this Soap and my skin is soft and smooth, hydrated and moisturizerd and after every shave, I feel very 'pampered'. :thumbup1:

In closing, this shave soap is the best and A #1 on my list for my money and most importantly...my face. :laugh:

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I finally got around to placing order for this soap today. I also got a puck of the Green Tweed since the shipping would only be like $.50 more.

Top Bottom