What's new

Help Needed w/Super Adjustable

I picked up a Super Adjustable on the Bay the other day and it's giving me some troubles. The doors open and close just fine and the adjustment dial turns and clicks, however, it doesn't adjust. Instead it appears the whole head of the razor moves up not just the adjustment bar. Also, the middle part of the handle can be unscrewed from the adjuster dial. Is this normal? Should I be trying to get my money back or is this an easy fix? I have it soaking right now to see if maybe its just gunked up. Pics later if they'll help. Thanks

I had one of these show up in similar condition. It was clearly broken as none of my other SA's do that. It was a short black handle SA. The seller was kind enough to refund all my money. Though I still had to pay for shipping to return it.

I contacted the seller and he offered to give me a full refund, including return shipping. So after the long soak if it doesn't work, I'll be sending it back.

Is it normal that when rotating the adjustment ring down from 9 to 1, at settings 4 and 3 or so a tiny gap appears between baseplate and adjustment ring but at 2 the baseplate "drops" back into place?

The gap disappears when the doors are closed and there is no gap when rotating upwards. So it doesn't affect the shave but could it be a sign of the mechanism starting to fail?

Are you saying the handle is no longer black? If so and the razor is now working it sounds like you have a unique SA razor.

Len

Yup, that's what I'm saying. It is very unique indeed. The bottom part of the handle isn't quite the same color as the mid part.

Yup, that's what I'm saying. It is very unique indeed. The bottom part of the handle isn't quite the same color as the mid part.

I can't remember if it was here on B&B but there was a picture of a SA with the black paint completely stripped off. If I remember right it was because of Oxyclean.

The handle was white. It actually looked much better to me than the original. I know it's no consolation to you right now but I think there's that option if the handle is permanently discolored. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Top Bottom