What's new

Cowboy Coffee Recipe

proxy.php

1. Fill a coffee pot with cold water.
2. Throw your coffee grounds right into the water. Add one rounded tablespoon of ground coffee for each two cups of water.
3. Bring the water to just a rolling boil. Take off heat.
4. Remove the pot from the fire and add a couple of tablespoons of cold water. Let the coffee sit for a couple minutes to allow the grounds to settle at the bottom of the pot.
5. Carefully pour the coffee into your mug so that the grounds stay in the pot.

My grandpa and great-uncle used to leave the spent grounds in and add more until the pot was too full to yield enough coffee. Only then did you dump the grounds out.

My grandpa and great-uncle used to leave the spent grounds in and add more until the pot was too full to yield enough coffee. Only then did you dump the grounds out.

My Grandparents did this also. I drink my coffee strong but I don't know about all that?

I've done that before with drip makers, but I found it really only works when you make back to back pots, otherwise the coffee just tastes old. Also I found you don't need as much grounds to "re-charge" the pot as it were. Switched to a french press ten years ago and haven't looked back.

H

I've done that before with drip makers, but I found it really only works when you make back to back pots, otherwise the coffee just tastes old. Also I found you don't need as much grounds to "re-charge" the pot as it were. Switched to a french press ten years ago and haven't looked back.

Yep. They only did it this way when they were out in the oilfields and keeping coffee up for a crew.

Nothing against cowboys but I'm OK having my morning coffee brewing a bit more refined. I use a french press so it's almost the same with less grounds in the cup.

1. Fill a coffee pot with cold water.
2. Throw your coffee grounds right into the water. Add one rounded tablespoon of ground coffee for each two cups of water.
3. Bring the water to just a rolling boil. Take off heat.
4. Remove the pot from the fire and add a couple of tablespoons of cold water. Let the coffee sit for a couple minutes to allow the grounds to settle at the bottom of the pot.
5. Carefully pour the coffee into your mug so that the grounds stay in the pot.

Arabic coffee is very similar (though usually made in an ibrik), except you add a little cardemum with the grounds. :thumbup1:

This here part is important to git the full enjoyment outta yer cup.

Strain the coffee through yer mustache as yew drink it. If no mustache, then use yer teeth!

I like my coffee strong and thick like tar.... I might give this a try.

My co-worker made coffee the other day. His first time with our new "Mr. Coffee pot". I drank a cup and headed off to the bank (it was payday). By the time I got back, my heart was racing. What could I do? I asked for the recipe!

Randy (no, I'm not kidding!)

Nothing against cowboys but I'm OK having my morning coffee brewing a bit more refined. I use a french press so it's almost the same with less grounds in the cup.

+1...the French press is nice...Imo it makes much better coffee than the drip brewers.

Top Bottom