What's new

Erasmic Shave Stick Question

Hi All, just received my first "old school" shave stick. Erasmic, wrapped in paper with a red cap.

My question: typically do you roll the paper down and use the exposed or remove all the paper and insert in the cap for use? How do you then store it after use without mucking it up too much?

Thanks much!

i tear the top 1/2" off the wrapper and have at it, never had a problem with the soap drying out or going off

Last edited:
My question: typically do you roll the paper down and use the exposed or remove all the paper and insert in the cap for use? How do you then store it after use without mucking it up too much?

Thanks much!
I gave up on my erasmic after one go! Admittedly it was the new formula so it wasn't a huge loss, but I shave in the shower and though I only peeled back an inch the whole wrapper just disolved into wet mush in the stick and the 'holder' was useless. With Arko I just peel a bit off the wrapper and then put some tape around the bottom and it holds up really well but with the erasmic I may as well have just fully unwrapped the whole thing for all the good the wrapper was.

I gave up on my erasmic after one go! Admittedly it was the new formula so it wasn't a huge loss, but I shave in the shower and though I only peeled back an inch the whole wrapper just disolved into wet mush in the stick and the 'holder' was useless. With Arko I just peel a bit off the wrapper and then put some tape around the bottom and it holds up really well but with the erasmic I may as well have just fully unwrapped the whole thing for all the good the wrapper was.

I agree completely!

I just cannot get this stuff to work for me! Admittedly, I'm a shave stick neophyte, but if they're all like Erasmic, I'll pass!

I agree completely!

I just cannot get this stuff to work for me! Admittedly, I'm a shave stick neophyte, but if they're all like Erasmic, I'll pass!

i'm attempting to secure a few of the new un-reformulted (original recipe :001_tongu) tallow sticks. I may get a few extra to spread the love around :001_wub:

I can assure you that any and all of the sticks in my pic above are very useable, and very reasonably priced :thumbup:

Grate it nice & fine nice and fine with a cheese grater. Stuff it into a small container and pack it down hard with a piece of wax paper. Wet it a little and use it as a regular shave soap. I do this with shave soaps because they never fit right in my mug and I hate it when they move around. If Erasmic is anything like Williams let it soak in hot water for 5 min's before you lather it.

Hi All, just received my first "old school" shave stick. Erasmic, wrapped in paper with a red cap.

Thanks much!

With the paper on the Erasmic, I just remove it completely to avoid it getting messed up in the wet. Palmolive and Arco are wrapped in foil so I just peel off some as required.

You can replace the paper with some foil if you want (it'll fit the red base a bit better then).

If you don't shave in the shower it's pretty easy to keep most of the stick dry, just leave it standing somewhere dry to dry out.

With the paper on the Erasmic, I just remove it completely to avoid it getting messed up in the wet. Palmolive and Arco are wrapped in foil so I just peel off some as required.

You can replace the paper with some foil if you want (it'll fit the red base a bit better then).

If you don't shave in the shower it's pretty easy to keep most of the stick dry, just leave it standing somewhere dry to dry out.

i tear the top 1/2" off the wrapper and have at it, never had a problem with the soap drying out or going off
Thanks for the tips all! Tele, a pic is in fact worth a 1000 words (great handle, I play a '62RI).

Pumpkin that's a good tip re: the foil. Appreciate the info.

I have placed mine in a pill bottle to preserve its marvelous fragrance

The fragrance is indeed fabulous, but the stick I used was chalky and nearly impossible to lather. I hear they've re-reformulated it, perhaps back to the original formula, but I'm waiting for old stock to sell before trying again.

proxy.php

There are two formulations of the "old" label (red and black) Erasmic stick, one with tallow and one without. The one with tallow is great, the one without, you might as well use as a door stop. The only way to tell is to lather them or check the label. I removed the paper, and store it in a small glass jar to preserve the scent.

The newest rendition of the Erasmic Stick (which is supposed to have reverted back to tallow) has packaging like this:

proxy.php

There is also a matching brush, that looks a lot like an Omega:

proxy.php

The newest rendition of the Erasmic Stick (which is supposed to have reverted back to tallow) has packaging like this:

proxy.php

There is also a matching brush, that looks a lot like an Omega:

proxy.php
Sorry sir,for what I understand and seen the new tallow version has a packaging like the original tallow one.

Top Bottom