What's new

tabula rasa?

gentlemen

found an excellent new product in a small shop in berlin germany, called 1000&1 soaps: they produce small amounts of a wonderful shaving cream called TABULA RASA.. comes in flakes, is all natural with shea & mango butter.. the best lather i ever had in my face, makes one happy just to whip it up.. they said that there may be a possibility to get the cream in nyc, but i do not know where.. anybody out there to know where to get it, if not in berlin?

thanks, h

Welcome Henz!

WIKA says
Tabula rasa (Latin: scraped tablet or clean slate) refers to the epistemological thesis that individual human beings are born with no innate or built-in mental content, in a word, "blank", and that their entire resource of knowledge is built up gradually from their experiences and sensory perceptions of the outside world.
Proponents of tabula rasa favor "nurture" in the nature versus nurture debate. Modern genetic research finds that genes have a significant effect on personal characteristics. Some traits are more strongly influenced by experience, such as one's language or religion, and other traits are more strongly influence by genes, such as one's IQ and sexual identity

Try a German grocery store.
you could try 99,99% of all German grocery stores and wouldn't find it :wink: It's only available in 2 online-stores I know of, one is the manufacturer itself.

http://www.1001seife.de/
Shop (in German): http://www.modernhome-deluxe.de/1001Seife/shop/product_info.php/products_id/479

non-manufacturer-shop: http://www.thedifferentscent.de/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=44&products_id=347

Your best bet would be to contact the manufacturer, Erik Kormann, at bestellung AT 1001seife.de He's a really nice guy and will surely help you out.
Oh, for the price: 90grams are ~20€/26$

thank you, maniac from lintz, seems that i met the soapmaker himself in berlin, at 1000&1, some weeks ago, nice guy.. hope he likes shipments overseas, and his soap does not drown..

you're very welcome, henze! By the way, would you be as kind as to put a review of this shaving cream up in the review-section here? That would be great!

Now, I've got some information on this shaving cream - which has received nothing less than the highest praise from all the guys that use it. :thumbup:
Below you'll find the official information on the cream, translated by me ( :aureola: )

„Tabula Rasa – smooth shaving soap with mango butter & argan oil“ is a soft shaving cream for men with sensitive skin or prone to allergies without having to make compromises with regard to the quality and density of the lather.

The cream is unscented and has only a very slight odor from the natural ingredients. Added to the product is a purely herbal substance called "Stimu Tex" from a Swiss company. This ingredient is made of a barley-digest, shea butter and argan oil and has a softening, nurturing effect on the skin.

This shaving cream is made by hand and in very small batches, so availability can be limited at times. It's available at the manufacturer's brick and mortar shop in Berlin, Germany as well as on their online-store 1001seife.de. The only two resellers are thedifferentscent.de and nassrasieren.ch

The cream is packed in a metal-screw container and protected by a plastic foil to prevent a chemical reaction of the metal and the cream. When opening the jar for the first time, this sealing plastic foil has to be cut open right above the brim.
Only a small amount of product is needed - a hazelnut-sized dollop creates enough lather for a multiple-pass-shave with a medium-sized brush.

In the future a vetiver & tangerine-scented version will also be available.

The aim in creating this shaving cream was to develop a mild product that is very gentle to sensitive skin, containing this wonderful "Stimu Tex"-substance. Stable, creamy lather for excellent gliding properties and allowing for a gentle, smooth and close shave were also essential goals in creating this cream.

Ingredients (INCI): Aqua, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil, Hordeum Vulgare Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii Extract, Mangifera Indica Butter, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Borate.

Tried to place an order for this today but shipping to the USA is expensive (29 Euros). However, I did bump the qty to 20 units and the shipping stayed the same. So it appears a group buy might be possible and amortized shipping costs would make it fairly reasonable. The good news is VAT is deducted for shipments outside the US (unit cost of 16.76 Euros per tub). If anyone is interested PM me and I'll do a group buy and reship at whatever the actual amortized cost is plus USPS Priority shipping to your address in the US. I'll place the order Sunday night and send an email to everyone before placing the order. PayPal payments will have to be received before I place the order to be included.

I look forward to trying this product as it sounds fantastic.

Chris

If you're interested in this group buy send me a PM and let me know how many tubs you want. I'll reconnect with everyone on this coming Sunday morning and let you know the total including USPS shipping from me to you. You'll need to remit funds by Sunday at 5PM which is when I will make the purchase. And I'll only be able to ship to USA addresses. Thanks.

Chris

It depends upon how many units we have in the total purchase. The soap itself will run about $23. Shipping in the US will run about $5. The unknown piece is 33 Euros (about $50) amortized over the number of buyers we have. So we're looking at something that's about $28+.

Chris

Thanks for the offer, but I'm gonna pass for now. I just ordered some Tabac and I've got stuff I've never used still in my bathroom closet. I really like German products, but SWMBO would have a cow if I ordered anything now with all the unused products I have now. I would like to hear some feedback on how it does. That might entice me the next time you make a group buy.:001_smile

PM's have been sent to all who replied. Payment must be rcvd by 5PM PT today (via PayPal) to be included.

Thanks,
Chris

Top Bottom