What's new

Japanese After Shave Compendium

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I just got inspired to do the list... After seeing how Alex (AJS)
image.php
worked on searching and listing all those shaving soaps, I thought it would be nice to have something for the Japanese Aftershaves...

There could always be a list for German/French/British/Italian/American/etc. later on...

Also. thanks to 'The Nid Dog' for this thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121870

Thanks to Dave (Thunderball) for all the contributions on the subject!

With a bit of research, I got my information and I think it's right.

If I miss anything, please let me know!

Auslese Regular green (by Shiseido)
Auslese Trocken (by Shiseido)
Basala (by Shiseido)
Bravas (by Shiseido)
DHC (?)
Eroica (by Kanebo)
Eroica Valiant (more citrusy by Kanebo)
Gatsby (by Mandom)
Kanwas liquid balm (by Feather)
Lordos (by Shiseido)
Lucido (by Mandom)
Mandom (by Mandom)
MG5 Skin conditoner (Balm) (by Shiseido)
MG5 splash (by Shiseido)
Paradigm (by Shiseido)
Tactics (by Shiseido)
Uno (by Shiseido)
Valcan Skin milk (by Kanebo)
Valcan Splash (by Kanebo)
Vintage Skin conditioner (Balm) (by Shiseido)
Vintage Splash (by Shiseido)

Last edited:
Vintage has a balm that they call a conditioner along with the lotion. If this is not what you are looking for I will delete post.

Luc

Staff member
Vintage has a balm that they call a conditioner along with the lotion. If this is not what you are looking for I will delete post.

List updated, thanks!

I've tried the DHC aftershave lotion, and found it average. Just a little better than splashing cold water on my face. Soothed the razor burn a bit, didn't really moisturize, no alcohol sting at all.

I'll still stand by the Auslese products as my fave splash's.

They can be ordered online through the Japanese online shopping mall Rakuten. Fair prices, until you get to the shipping charges. When you do a search on Rakuten, it shows multiple vendors, a few even had 880ml bottles of the regular Auslese aftershave. Rakuten can be used to order tons of goodies from Japan if your interested.

I'm still curious about the Auslese calming aftershave lotion, the one with the milky substance floating around the bottom of the bottle.

Luc

Staff member
I've tried the DHC aftershave lotion, and found it average. Just a little better than splashing cold water on my face. Soothed the razor burn a bit, didn't really moisturize, no alcohol sting at all.

I'll still stand by the Auslese products as my fave splash's.

They can be ordered online through the Japanese online shopping mall Rakuten. Fair prices, until you get to the shipping charges. When you do a search on Rakuten, it shows multiple vendors, a few even had 880ml bottles of the regular Auslese aftershave. Rakuten can be used to order tons of goodies from Japan if your interested.

I'm still curious about the Auslese calming aftershave lotion, the one with the milky substance floating around the bottom of the bottle.

You wouldn't have who makes DHC on the bottle by any luck? I couldn't find it...

You wouldn't have who makes DHC on the bottle by any luck? I couldn't find it...

I'm not sure what you are asking? DHC is the company name, they are kinda like the Nivea of Japan, they make men and womens skin care products.

Luc

Staff member
I'm not sure what you are asking? DHC is the company name, they are kinda like the Nivea of Japan, they make men and womens skin care products.

All right, if DHC is the company, under which name did they labeled the product?

i.e. Sensitive Aftershave Balm by Nivea

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Cool! Thanks gents... I can't update the OP anymore, been more than a week...

Luc

Staff member
Cheers.

The other way to access it.

Wiki -> Aftershaves -> it's there (Japanese Aftershave Compendium)

Top Bottom