What's new

Picture showing lectric shave and liquid wrench rise to any occassion

This came up in another thread. Thought it best to follow up here.
'lectric shave?

The SD 40 alcohol's just a solvent for the main ingredient, isopropyl myristate.

http://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/isopropyl-myristate
Isopropyl Myristate is a synthetic oil used as an emollient, thickening agent, lubricant or moisturizer in beauty products. It is most often seen in aftershaves, shampoos, bath oils, antiperspirants, deodorants, and various creams and lotions (Source). Although it is a popular ingredient, in more than 5% of formulations it can cause skin irritation and clog pores; for this reason, it is considered a comedogenic and is aggravating to acne.

A unique characteristic of Isopropyl Myristate as one of many emollients is its ability to reduce the greasy feel caused by the high oil content of other ingredients in a product. This synthetic oil is often added to beauty products to give them a slicker, sheer feel rather than an oily one. However, it is so deeply penetrating that it is also an ingredient in a well-known rust remover, Liquid Wrench, according to BetterHealthySkin.com. While it does its job as an emollient within the jar, it may penetrate skin too deeply, clogging pores.

http://www.betterhealthyskin.com/lets-talk-cosmetics-james-e-fulton-jr-md-phd.aspx
Isopropyl Myristate and its Chemical Cousins
One of the worse offenders (about oil and acne) is a penetrating oil called isopropyl myristate, the major ingredient in a can of penetrating rust remover, Liquid Wrench. Isopropyl myristate helps cosmetics apply more smoothly and gives them a slicker, sheer feel. This particular penetrating oil is so aggressive that if left over night in a beaker will actually migrate over the top, down the sides and onto the table top. There are many chemicals similar to isopropyl myristate in cosmetics.
Sounds like fun. Must try this. But I don't quite get what this has to do with anything. Maybe I should find a rusty bolt instead.

Not too impressive.
proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
So you set some of this down on your night stand and it migrates out and crawls onto your face so you can get an earlier start in the morning?

I guess that's why (a few years back before I returned to my senses) my bottle of 'Lectric Shave always felt slippery on the outside . . . I thought I was just being sloppy!!

Top Bottom