What's new

"The Celebrated"

I've noticed that there are many razors that say "The Celebrated" on them, mostly Wade & Butchers but others as well. What is this supposed to mean?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have one that says "The New Celebrated Emperor Razor - Made in Germany" with Napoleon's face printed on the blade + tang. I'm also guessing it's marketing.

just like when you see 'worlds best pies' outside a shop.

(strange thing is, the place that I think has the worlds best pies doesnt make this claim, just other random pieshops)

It's an English adjective that can mean all of the following:

renowned, popular, famous, outstanding, distinguished, well-known, prominent, glorious, acclaimed, notable, eminent, revered, famed, illustrious, pre-eminent, lionized

It's an old fashioned English word which implies it is a razor with a well earned reputation for quality.

It's an English adjective that can mean all of the following:

renowned, popular, famous, outstanding, distinguished, well-known, prominent, glorious, acclaimed, notable, eminent, revered, famed, illustrious, pre-eminent, lionized

It's an old fashioned English word which implies it is a razor with a well earned reputation for quality.

good explanation from you....English!

just like when you see 'worlds best pies' outside a shop.

(strange thing is, the place that I think has the worlds best pies doesnt make this claim, just other random pieshops)

completely off topic here. mdunn i recently tried delerium tremens at a pub here and that stupid pink elephant on their bottle has been tickling my subconscious ever since. i even told my wife, "i swear i've seen that pink elephant before!"

and tonight i've finally made the connection!! :lol:

is it just where i am, or is DT always in short supply everywhere?

proxy.php
proxy.php

B

bluefoxicy

It means they're so crappy at making blades that when one actually comes out straight, they celebrated.

"Yay! We made a razor!" "Are you sure we got the carbon content in the steel right?" "Who cares?! It's not twisted like a pretzel made by Holden Caulfield!"

Top Bottom