What's new

Most Protective Soap?

What's the most protective soap you've used? By protective, I mean a maximum combination of

• lubrication
  • moisturization
  • cushioning

For example, (get out your pitchforks here :wink:) I find Kent/MWF to be very lubricating, but not very moisturizing, which seems to be what everybody else loves about it. So it's not the most protective soap I've used—but I'm not giving up my puck 'cause I do love the shave I get (there's a lot to be said for something that lets your razor glide!) and I love that mild almost-but-not-quite baby powder smell.

So far, the most protective soap I've used seems to be Cade. My blade seemed to glide, I got the moisturization that people say I should expect from MWF, and the damn stuff seemed like it would absorb any excess pressure I applied. Pretty surprising.

Not sure what's in second place, but I should think about it.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Tabac is quite good. MWF, yes. Mmm, Proraso superlather...

Hands down Tabac/Irisch Moos. The only other soap that comes close for me is Valobra and then AOS (which is made by Valobra)

In my limited experience with soaps, VDH. Very comfortable, slick, cushioning lather.

Used it this morning BTW.

Prairie Creations aloe vera based not only does all that but the aloe vera has healing qualities. It is known as the burn plant and I know first hand that it works. I keep two around the house (one for looks and one to use).

Top Bottom