What's new

Ebony VS Horn B&B Brush Comparo Pics....

So.... you know you want at least one B&B brush.... but all these choices, and the different handle options are a little overwhelming, so as usual :rolleyes: here I am offering a helping hand :biggrin:

Personally - I feel the faux-ebony handled brush is more for those fellas who aren't flashy, and prefer a sophisticated, quiet elegance, without the need to draw attention to themselves.

Cool.... confident.... refined.... classy....
full

full

The faux-horn handle, gorgeous by its own right, is for the gentleman that prefers a little "flair" and thrives on individuality. (No two horn brushes will look the same - as the grain/coloration will be different from brush to brush) The horn handle brush will appeal to those who prefer a little more attention, want to get that feeling of others oogling and wanting their premo goods, and LIKES others to see their possessions and KNOW they are top quality and painfully expensive... so obvious, that even the uninitiated will be able to recognize their stature.

Sophisticated.... one of a kind.... painfully gorgeous.....
full

full

Side by side comparison pics....
full

full

full

full

full

The following are NOT the same pictures, look carefully as in each picture the faux horn brush is turned slightly to show the entire handle...
full

full

full

full

full

full

Both handles hand polished to a brilliant luster, both handles incredibly comfortable.... both handles drop dead gorgeous. Having trouble deciding? Me too... that's why I'll be getting both :tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Both handles hand polished to a brilliant luster, both handles incredibly comfortable.... both handles drop dead gorgeous. Having trouble deciding? Me too... that's why I'll be getting both :tongue:

hehe... me too :smile:

still... which one to get in ebony... and which one in horn... hmmmm

hehe... me too :smile:

still... which one to get in ebony... and which one in horn... hmmmm

Well - Like the top picture (HK P7M8 and Omega Seamaster) for daily use I'll get the standard silvertip in faux-ebony. For special occasions and the like - it'll be the finest in faux-horn :biggrin:

Well - Like the top picture (HK P7M8 and Omega Seamaster) for daily use I'll get the standard silvertip in faux-ebony. For special occasions and the like - it'll be the finest in faux-horn :biggrin:

ha... I was just talking it over with... well... with myself, and I was thinking the same thing :smile:

Nice seamaster by the way, that's on the short list for my next watch, although I really need a dress watch, but without the chronograph, it's pretty close :smile:

ha... I was just talking it over with... well... with myself, and I was thinking the same thing :smile:

Nice seamaster by the way, that's on the short list for my next watch, although I really need a dress watch, but without the chronograph, it's pretty close :smile:

For what it's worth - the 2-ton Omega Constellation is actually not a chronograph.... those 2 dials are the date. :smile: A really nice (and comfortable) dress watch is a raymond weil parsifal.... looks nice, SUPER thin, and mighty comfy.

Awesome post. I was nervously laughing throughout. You know, gun and all... :001_unsur

Thanks, as always, Joel. You've certainly made it even more difficult to choose after this post.

Awesome post. I was nervously laughing throughout. You know, gun and all... :001_unsur

Thanks, as always, Joel. You've certainly made it even more difficult to choose after this post.

Relax..... that's just the next durability test.

B&B Brush VS 9mm
B&B Brush VS .45ACP

Hey..... you never know when you might need a bullet proof brush. It could save your life :wink:

Joel,

Nice pics. Thanks for putting them together side by side.

I gotta say...it's a coin toss on this one. Too bad I can't get 4!

Randy

Okay........So essentially someone with zero self control like me could end up with 4 new brushes.....Not a bad thing.......There is still some space in my brush cubby.....And I don't have to make any more new ones for a while, I can keep all those supplies stashed away. What the heck.....I'm already on the list, what's adding a couple more.....

D'OH.......

-Scott-

Okay........So essentially someone with zero self control like me could end up with 4 new brushes.....

weeeeellll...

actually you could end up with 8 :wink:

4 with the lettering right side up if you have it in a stand... and 4 with the lettering right side up with no stand :smile:

I mean... you want to be thorough of course

For what it's worth - the 2-ton Omega Constellation is actually not a chronograph.... those 2 dials are the date. :smile: A really nice (and comfortable) dress watch is a raymond weil parsifal.... looks nice, SUPER thin, and mighty comfy.

I had looked at the parsifal the other day... nice watch, it's on my list as well, although not sure where it stands yet. :001_unsur

Wish I could afford my Lange and Sohne :001_tt1: (lange 1 or 1815, I'm torn)

It appears that Joel and John and most of you posters here are younger fellows, in your 20's or 30's, so I'd like to offer the perspective of a middle-aged fart.

Applying the Rolls Royce (finest silvertip) vs, Aston Martin (silvertip) analogy, us older gents may prefer the Rolls for everyday use. A Rolls is the perfect height for entry and egress. The seats are comfortable, firm, yet supple and conform to your shape. The controls are easily accessable and user-friendly and the steering is effortless yet precise. Engine response is strong and gentlemanly with more power than will ever be needed in quiet reserve. A smooth cruise both in town and on the highway. The idea of a luxurious daily shave from the finest silvertip is appealing to me as long as it does its job, day in and day out (English cars have a reputation for frequently being in the shop).

Compared to the Rolls, for men over 50, the Aston may be the preferred weekend car. You have to bend down to get in or out. The seats are firm and are designed for drivers of a more althletic build. The controls have lots of gadgets and are complex. Steering is tight and precise and the car frequently reminds you of its power. In other words, even with the Americanization of the Aston, compared to the Rolls, it's a driver's car. :cool: Great fun for a weekend road trip.

While I can't imagine the silvertip being anything less than the fantastic shave Joel describes, if forced to choose, I may lean toward the everyday luxury of the finest silvertip.

As far as the color of the handles are concerned, both the ebony and horn are magnificent. Joel's pictures and descriptions are terrific and made me chuckle. Keep in mind that in the fashion world, black is formal. A black tuxedo with a silk silver pocket square is as Saturday night formal as one can get. Black is an evening event special occassion color. To me, the ebony handled brush is to be used for special occassions.

If the ebony handle is a tuxedo, then the mulitcolored and multipatterened horn handle is a sports jacket. Look around and you rarely see two that are the same, just as the horn handle was described. The sportscoat is versitile and best for everyday wear. Wear it with or without a tie, with fine wool slacks or even jeans. Wear it to work or hanging out at a bar. :a8: To me, the horn is an everyday brush handle.

All this being said, a shaving brush is fundamentally a utilitarian device. I'm relatively new to wet shaving and recently bought a CE EJ best bager on sale after reading Joel's *PICS* The difference between Pure, Best and Silvertip Badger.....
The CE brush is fantastic and blows away the vintage Macy's brush I stopped using 20 years ago. To me, it's luxurious and a pleasure to use every morning. Accordingly, it's hard for me to imagine the two BB brushes being that much better.

I guess I may have to buy both to find out. :wink:

I think I am going with Horn in Silvertip and Ebony in Finest...will be getting the razor in Horn as well...now I just have to fight the urge to get the razor in Ebony...

I'm thinking one in horn and one in ebony....and one in finest and one in silvertip...now which hair to go with which handle?

And of course....which razor (horn or ebony)???

decisions, decisions...

Nice Omega Seamaster watch Joel. That's what I have on my wrist right now. Love the watch.

The brush is nice too. What a combo. Watch and brush and H&K. Does it get any better?

john

Joel, I love your choice in side arms so I am going to trust your choice in brushes. I have looked through the posts but I cannot see how to buy one...A little help here, please.

Top Bottom