What's new

Milwaukee Barber's Supply restored by Ken

Just got my razor back in the mail from Ken!

It is a "Harrington's Pet" from Milwaukee Barber's Supply; Which to my delight is apparently a rebranded Dubl Duck Special or Satinedge. (I've been looking at a ton of photos and the grind around the stabilizer seems to really give it away.)

The razor was in nice shape when my brother picked it up for me, but Ken really kicked it up a notch. The polish on the blade is excellent and the blued tang is just awesome. Blade centers perfectly, scales cleaned up great and the repinning is superb.

Haven't given it the shave test yet (will get some weekend stubble to mow down.) Ken previously honed a Sheffield wedge for me and the result was fantastic; I can hardly wait to try this one out!

My camera skills have a bit to be desired, but here are some pics.

Before:
full
full

After:
full
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my razor back in the mail from Ken!

It is a "Harrington's Pet" from Milwaukee Barber's Supply; Which to my delight is apparently a rebranded Dubl Duck Special or Satinedge....My camera skills have a bit to be desired, but here are some pics.

Your camera skills seem just fine. Can you please tell me what lighting you used to take the photos? I wish my photos were that nice. Are you using photographer's lights and reflectors?

Bob

Your camera skills seem just fine. Can you please tell me what lighting you used to take the photos? I wish my photos were that nice. Are you using photographer's lights and reflectors?

Heh, dining room table, light fixture right above, no flash :biggrin:.

(It's the best lit area in the house.)

Just need to update my own thread. I've gotten in a couple of shaves with this one and the edge is fantastic. This one is truly my favorite pick out of my modest den.

Top Bottom