What's new

Simpson Manchurian

full

full
&original=1[/img]

full

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW: did i happen to say that Simpson Manchurian is in fact no more or less than Simpson two band super/Rooney finest/Plisson two band HMW...?
Manchurian was only a commercial/marketing term imo....

Here's my CH3 Manchurian next to my CH3 two-band Super (Somerset Simpsons). The Manchurian is a lot softer and floppier, and I don't like it nearly as well as the standard two-band. It stays in the box most of the time.

proxy.php

Michael, the Trumper branded brush (which appears to be a rebranded CH3, yes?) looks more "Manchurian" than the actual Manchurian. Nice brushes. How do you feel about the density of the knots, the softness, floppiness, etc.? As I mentioned in my above post, the hair in my Manchurian is much softer, and also the knot doesn't feel as dense - or maybe it's just the softer hair that makes it feel that way. Any any rate, whereas my CH3 two-band Super is one of the densest and stiffest brushes I own, the Manchurian feels more like a mop. Unfortunately, I'm none too fond of it. How do you like yours? How does the Rooney Finest compare?

I have a CH1 - very dense, very white tips, very scrubby, very nice! It was also very hard to find but worth the effort IMO.

That may very well be the best looking brush I have ever seen. Congratulations on being the owner of such a beauty.

I heard a rumor that this was one of a set of 3 - CHI, 2 and 3 that were once in Lee Sabini's private collection. SLCSteve later owned and then sold them. I missed the sale but managed to buy the CH1, which is the one I wanted, privately from a member at SMF.

I think that the Manchurians are really just good quality 2-band super grade bristle that is stuffed a bit denser perhaps. But the lampblack stamped "Manchurian Badger" makes them special and certainly rare.

I heard a rumor that this was one of a set of 3 - CHI, 2 and 3 that were once in Lee Sabini's private collection. SLCSteve later owned and then sold them. I missed the sale but managed to buy the CH1, which is the one I wanted, privately from a member at SMF.

I think that the Manchurians are really just good quality 2-band super grade bristle that is stuffed a bit denser perhaps. But the lampblack stamped "Manchurian Badger" makes them special and certainly rare.

Is Lee Sabini not the owner of Rooney? Why would he be selling a set of Simpsons? Am I missing something?

That's entirely correct; my PL14 manchurian as pictured above came also from Lee Sabini via Steve.

My question as well. Can someone fill us in on why Sabini had a complete set of Manchurian brushes from Simpson?

Lee Sabini had a large collection of very unique shaving brushes so it seemed; among them those Manchurians made on his request i believe. One day he decided to sell the most of them if not all on Ebay (dgifts2005).
After the transaction of the PL14 in july 2006 Steve Clapner decided to contact Sabini personally to buy those three CH manchurian.

Top Bottom