What's new

Acquisitions August 10 - 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see the goods for the week!
Here are mine:

proxy.php

Spanish Floïd Suave AS, Floïd ASB, Tabac AS, Pinaud Clubman AS and ASB, Woody's all purpose meet and potatoes bar (also usable as shaving soap, review).

I just love the label:
proxy.php

Last edited:
New goodies from ShoeBox Shave

proxy.php

2 X Arko shave stick
Mitchell's Wool Fat Bath Soap
Shulton formula Old Spice ASL
Alcolado Glacial AS

Just some Tabac for me that was delivered by fragrancex on 10/08/09.

That's DD/MM/YY for you yanks! :smile:

Tabac: cons: it dries out by the 3rd pass. Pros: add a little more water when it feels dry and get enough for 5 passes total from one loading of soap! Lathers like nothing else.
For anyone who hasn't tried it and gets put off by the scent others complain about, to me it doesn't smell bad, just smells like store brand bought soap. Not great, but not offensive.

Last edited:
Outside my normal "criteria" ( British TTO ), but I've wanted to try an open comb ( but #15s and the like are so hard to come buy and so exxie ), and the condition and price were right.........

proxy.php
proxy.php

A open comb and a three piece...that'll be a New experience :001_smile

( oh and a "backup" tub of Tabac ) :tongue_sm

SWMBO has borrowed it!

Arrived today, what looks like NOS 1930s UK Aristocrat Rhodium plated.

The silk lining in the lid is mint, the silver printing is mint. The velvet lining is mint - I have 10 original blades and the leaflet in mint condition.

The razor looks mint (may have been used once or twice - I can't really tell) all in a mint looking stainless steel box with no dents or scratches and looking, well, mint!

Any my camera won't be back for another week. Anyone wishing to view before next week will have to make an appointment.

This is a seriously stunning piece....

Indeed...
Seller did notice 'some minor wear' - probably meant 'some minor plating' ;-)

But I don't care too much as long as it is technically OK.
Just wanted to learn to shave withy such a classic razor.

And I do like the brassing, thta makes things a lot easier.
My trumpets are raw brass by design - I love that look and feel.

I got a really beat up British Gillette popular, a Canadian tech with a funky handle, a mint HD rocket, and an aluminum handle #58 that is being soaked now.
Pics soon

After looking for over a year, one of these is finally mine! I don't think it had even been honed.

proxy.php

To put it in perspective, a picture with a couple of other Heljestrands:

proxy.php

Top to bottom:

1. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 33, plastic scales :)confused:)
2. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 32, Ivory scales
3. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 31, Tortoise Shell scales

While I don't normally rescale vintage razors, a Heljestrand in plastic scales is like a woman with one eye. I am thinking Hippo Ivory, if I can find someone to do it...

After looking for over a year, one of these is finally mine! I don't think it had even been honed.

proxy.php

To put it in perspective, a picture with a couple of other Heljestrands:

proxy.php

Top to bottom:

1. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 33, plastic scales :)confused:)
2. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 32, Ivory scales
3. C.V. Heljestrand Mk 31, Tortoise Shell scales

While I don't normally rescale vintage razors, a Heljestrand in plastic scales is like a woman with one eye. I am thinking Hippo Ivory, if I can find someone to do it...

Yowza! i can't believe the condition is so great, Congrat's!

it certainly is beefy, and hippo ivory would be a perfect match!

My big acquisition this week has wheels! Apologies for posting in more than one place, but I am stoked:

Last edited:
Best of luck! A good one is hard to find :wink:.

Thanks buddy! I do love Heljestrands.

I had a No.4 that was sharper than anything, passed it to Hurican and it's now his go-to razor.

Hippo ivory I hear is a Royal PITA to work with, throws sparks(teeth) off bandsaws and all that. Probably need lasers or diamonds to cut it.

NIB C&S Citrus Paradisi Cologne off The Bay.
Gear from SRD: 12k Naniwa, 3" Red Latigo and cotton herringbone fabric strop, Dovo "Prima Klang" Redwood, Woody's Meat and Potatoes (and not pictured: CrOx, Camellia Oil).
Also not pictured: My samples from Floris landed yesterday.

Hoping this Milord is in good shape... hasn't even been shipped yet but I'm already doing the happy dance over the deal I got on it...

Cased 40's Milord Auction

Also picked up some

proxy.php

during my trip to Los Angeles this week.

Verdict: God help me, I think I'm one of them Lilac Vegetarians...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom