What's new

Pils DE Razor

I don´t have use one, but I´ve this 1966 Slim with PILS handle in my collection:

proxy.php

I don´t have use one, but I´ve this 1966 Slim with PILS handle in my collection:

proxy.php

that is nice, but the Pils razor I am talking about is modern and currently in production. It may be a new addition to their safety razor line. Since you are lucky enough to be in Berlin, Mr-Razor, I recommend going to a shop like KaDeWe and checking it out. It is a very fine razor but unfortunately Pils Rasur is so off the radar that it is hard to find even a picture of the razor online.

http://www.pils-rasur.de/ ? I didnt see any DE razors there... :(

yeah I dont know why it isnt shown on their website. I went back to the store today and bought one. Here are some pictures of it:

proxy.php

proxy.php

The pictures dont do the razor much justice. The machine work on is magnificent... best built DE I have ever seen and it has some really nice heft to it too, and good balance... feels really nice to hold. The design is really nice too. It is a two piece razor: the bottom guard spins on the handle and the cap screws into the handle. To take it apart you hold the head and loosen the handle; the cap comes off in two turns. To load, place a blade on the cap, reassemble, and tighten the handle. When assembled there are no moving parts of course... very sold feeling.

I will be sure to let you know how it shaves. Cheers!

Last edited:
Wow! That is pretty neat. Was it expensive? Is it stainless?

Ah, I just got done with one of the nicest shaves I have ever had. This razor is a definite keeper. It looks like it was machined out of a solid piece of stainless steal and it has a very nice satin finish. It is definitely INOX. The machine work on it reminds of that which one finds for finest manufactured German firearms. I wonder if Pils shares craftsmen with Sig Sauer or along those lines. Absolutely brilliant piece of craftsmans work. It was quite pricy: 150 euros but definitely worth it IMHO. This is the finest made razor I have ever held and I hope for it to be passed down to my childrens children.

Last edited:
Ah, I just got done with one of the nicest shaves I have ever had. This razor is a definite keeper. It looks like it was machined out of a solid piece of stainless steal and it has a very nice satin finish. It is definitely INOX. The machine work on it reminds of that which one finds for finest manufactured German firearms. I wonder if Pils shares craftsmen with Sig Sauer or along those lines. Absolutely brilliant piece of craftsmans work. It was quite pricy: 150 euros but definitely worth it IMHO. This is the finest made razor I have ever held and I hope for it to be passed down to my childrens children.

Beeeeeautiful workman/craftsmanship! Do they make SEs or Injectors?

Damn, that's a fine looking piece of craftsmanship. Out of my league price-wise but definitely a covetable razor, for sure.

Thanks for the pics Vermifuge

Damn, that's a fine looking piece of craftsmanship. Out of my league price-wise but definitely a covetable razor, for sure.

My hope is that, if Pils brings this razor to the US market, they will lower the price. Believe it or not, even Merkur razors are cheaper in the US than they are in Germany (where they are made).

I contacted Pils and this is what I found out.

1) This is a new model. So new it's not on the Pils website.

2) You can buy it directly from Pils

3) "MRSP" is €175,00 and shipping is €34,00 so about $300

4) The only way to pay at this time is via direct transfer

My understanding is this will be added to the Pils website shortly. It is being marketed as "a high quality product." All parts are made from stainless steel. They have no retailer in America at this time but that may change. If you do order it you may have to pay taxes and customs. You will need to let Pils know your exact address and your interest before you pay obviously. You can contact them via the form on the Pils website.

Last edited:
Top Bottom