What's new

Acquisitions August 3 - August 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I can start this topic or not, but here goes...

1. Filly Strop from Rup Razor
2. Tabac Soap & Glass dish :biggrin:
3. Osage Rub AS :cool:
4. Lilac Vegetal AS - (yuck) :confused:
5. Family Dollar Old Spice
6. Dickinson Witch Hazel
7. 2x Cigar Boxes
8. Silica Gel dehumidifier

proxy.php

Valobra shave stick
30's Gillette New
100 Israeli Personna Blades (not pictured)

proxy.php

Valobra shave stick
30's Gillette New
100 Israeli Personna Blades (not pictured)

Great score Mark :thumbup1:

What a great recipe for BBS shaves. The New is a classic & the Valobra will probably be a staple in your rotation along with the Mama Bear's. Enjoy

Acquired a few weeks ago: 500 Feathers

Acquired this week [Gift for my brother]:

Simpsons Wee Scot
Speik Stick

How does everyone come up with these beautiful razors on a daily basis?
One day its an NOS Aristocrat, the next its a NOS Gillette Improved. You guys/gals make it look so easy too, very impressive
Wow :tongue_sm

My RAD has been under control lately (supplanted by SBAD, SCAD, SSAD, and the even more terrifying ADWAD [Affordable Diver Watch Acquisition Disorder]) but I do watch for those sweeties I don't have -- and want. So, over the last couple of weeks:

proxy.php

TV Rocket (thanks, Erwin!)

proxy.php

aluminum handle Rocket HD (thanks, Achim!)

proxy.php

proxy.php

1930's Aristocrat (thanks, dBay!)​

- this last was one of my Grails - 95+% plating intact... and mechanically fine!!!! What a nice shave...!

and my apologies for the pics - they don't do the hardware justice. (I could blame my little point-'n'-shoot... but really, I have no idea what I'm doing trying to take close shots w/ the thing....)

proxy.php

Top to bottom:

No Date WWII Tech- Paid $4 - it has been 'hacked', if you will, with paper towels to keep it usable. My guess is it cracked and came apart and the user did this quick fix. Hopefully, not while under fire. The coloring on the paper towel makes me think it was used semi-recently.

1954 (Z1) Black-Handled SuperSpeed - Paid $2 - Fair Condition after a cleanup, small crack starting on the upper shaft.

1962 (H1) Slim Adjustable - Paid $8 - My first adjustable, functions great and is quite clean. Big ding on the lower tray for the doors, one door doesn't open all the way w/o a gentle push.

Now get out there and score!:biggrin:

A purchase from last night...

Gillette Tech date code B4 + Gillette Travel date code K3 both in excellent condition

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom