What's new

B&B LE Handmade End Grain Cutting Board Group Buy** CLOSED****

Update-

To better accommodate requests from members residing outside the continental US, an additional board is being offered. It has been designed to fit and ship in a large international USPS flat rate shipping box.
The block will be oak and walnut in the same pattern and have a cutting surface sized 18 x 11 x 2 inches with oak handles. The handles are attached with high torque industrial grade screws capped with flush cut walnut dowels instead of feet. Total length with handles will be approximately 20inches. The block will receive the same finish and cure as the footed version. As this block utilizes handles instead of feet, either side may be used as a cutting surface. To safely accommodate the rigors of international shipping in this packaging a 2 oz. tin of board butter made from boiled walnut oil and beeswax will be substituted for the glass bottle of walnut oil.
As flat rate shipping varies somewhat from country to country this board is offered at $125.00 + shipping charges for the USPS Large Flat Rate Box to your location. This style Board will be available to all members.
A sample is being built and pictures will be available by early next week.

I was wondering what you had in mind when you said that you were working on another option, I certainly wasn't expecting this! Thanks to you, and of course the man making them, for working to make this possible. I anxiously await the pictures of this alternative.

All of us were gobsmacked with the intl' shipping rates, so hopefully this is a good alternative.

I'm definitely ordering one. It will make a great addition to my jerky-making station in the kitchen.

Update-

To better accommodate requests from members residing outside the continental US, an additional board is being offered. It has been designed to fit and ship in a large international USPS flat rate shipping box.
The block will be oak and walnut in the same pattern and have a cutting surface sized 18 x 11 x 2 inches with oak handles. The handles are attached with high torque industrial grade screws capped with flush cut walnut dowels instead of feet. Total length with handles will be approximately 20inches. The block will receive the same finish and cure as the footed version. As this block utilizes handles instead of feet, either side may be used as a cutting surface. To safely accommodate the rigors of international shipping in this packaging a 2 oz. tin of board butter made from boiled walnut oil and beeswax will be substituted for the glass bottle of walnut oil.
As flat rate shipping varies somewhat from country to country this board is offered at $125.00 + shipping charges for the USPS Large Flat Rate Box to your location. This style Board will be available to all members.
A sample is being built and pictures will be available by early next week.
This is a great example of customer service for our friends out of the CONUS. Nice work! I'm still on the fence about the board, not because of the materials, I have a very nice board at twice the price already.

Last edited:
Not something my household needs, but something it certainly wants! Thanks for the offer.

There have been a number of cutting board threads posted over the years, but does anyone have a good primer on the care and feeding for such a wooded board? Especially around multiple purpose usage, sharing it between meats and veggies and proper clean up in between uses? My usage would be 90% veggies, but if it was used for lots of meats, especially poultry, might the new double sided option be a better choice, to have separate cutting surfaces?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Great news on the additional board Jim.

What State is the vendor shipping from? Is he using the shipping option through Pay Pal. I know it saves a significant amount when I ship here in Canada.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The additional shipping is within the normal range for shipments to Canada (unfortunately). This board looks like it will outlive me by about a century so I've placed an order.

The additional shipping is within the normal range for shipments to Canada (unfortunately). This board looks like it will outlive me by about a century so I've placed an order.

Do you mean you've placed an order for the original, or the newer version?

Either way, I do agree that horrendous shipping prices are standard, as I've had times where the cost matches the price of the razor I'm having delivered.

Enjoy your board, I'll be placing an order as soon as the photos are uploaded.

Not something my household needs, but something it certainly wants! Thanks for the offer.

There have been a number of cutting board threads posted over the years, but does anyone have a good primer on the care and feeding for such a wooded board? Especially around multiple purpose usage, sharing it between meats and veggies and proper clean up in between uses? My usage would be 90% veggies, but if it was used for lots of meats, especially poultry, might the new double sided option be a better choice, to have separate cutting surfaces?

David,
The board will need an occasional application of oil, cleanup is simple with hot water and soap, if it gets really bad a scrub with some kosher salt will really get it clean. The key is to not let it soak in the water. Other than that just use it.

As promised here are the photos of the Board that can be shipped via USPS flat rate box-

The block will be oak and walnut in the same pattern and have a cutting surface sized 18 x 11 x 2 inches with oak handles. The handles are attached with high torque industrial grade screws capped with flush cut oak dowels in a walnut handle instead of feet. Total length with handles will be approximately 20inches. The block will receive the same finish and cure as the footed version. As this block utilizes handles instead of feet, either side may be used as a cutting surface. To safely accommodate the rigors of international shipping in this packaging a 2 oz. tin of board butter made from boiled walnut oil and beeswax will be substituted for the glass bottle of walnut oil.
As flat rate shipping varies somewhat from country to country this board is offered at $125.00 + shipping charges for the USPS Large Flat Rate Box to your location.

This style Board will be available to all members.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might just be the lighting, but it seems as if the finish is different on this new board, more glossy.

Either way, I just placed an order for this new type of board, thank you for the opportunity!

It might just be the lighting, but it seems as if the finish is different on this new board, more glossy.

Either way, I just placed an order for this new type of board, thank you for the opportunity!

Will the edges be different between the boards, as shown in photos? The original board appears to have a square edge, where version 2 (international ship) board has a bullnose edge.

Wowwowowow. That is super nice. I better go count my change jar.

How did I not see this until today?

Last edited:

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This second version of the B&B board is a thing of beauty. I'm glad I placed my order already as I would have a hard time deciding between the two versions otherwise. I wish I had known about end grain boards decades ago. I've sanded down many boards after a couple of years use. End grain boards are amazing . . . you use it and make marks on it . . . think to your self . . . oh crumb I wrecked the board . . . and somehow it heals itself. Sure if you look carefully you can see that you used the board but I am certain that if you are not massively abusive you will be able to use this board for a very long time before you decide to take 1/8" off to refinish . . . and it is pretty darn thick.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom