What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first every SOTD Pic.
ER 1912, SOC Boar, Mystic Waters Bay Rum.

full

Welcome to the SOTD and what a STUNNING first pic here!!:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what we need, Matt. Gorgeous pic in excellent detail!:thumbup:

Thanks, David. Your picture looked great -- I'm expecting Windsor in the mail in the next day or two. I would have liked the mahogany bowl, but it wasn't readily available here so I ordered beech.

Thanks, David. Your picture looked great -- I'm expecting Windsor in the mail in the next day or two. I would have liked the mahogany bowl, but it wasn't readily available here so I ordered beech.

And thank you too, Matt. I believe the only way to get the mahogany bowl on your side of the pond at present is to buy through Shaving.ie, Connaught, or Harris direct.

The first of a week's worth of glorious pics I know you will be posting, Balaji!:thumbup:

Thank you for those kind words my friend! I do enjoy posting pics with Sharp details. Tomorrows post might be on Wednesday due to offsite visits for my job. BTW how's the Windsor SS treating you?

Thank you for those kind words my friend! I do enjoy posting pics with Sharp details. Tomorrows post might be on Wednesday due to offsite visits for my job. BTW how's the Windsor SS treating you?[/QUOTE
The Windsor soap is just the way I like it, Balaji. :001_wub::001_wub::001_wub::thumbup:

Sharp detail in abundance, and love the reflection, James!:thumbup:
Thanks, the big flat head ont he g-bar makes good for it, actually ive had to scrap pics cause my curious cats head was caught in the reflection, but then it did give the eureka moment for this shot lol

6/8 Vintage Arthur Muller Bismark, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Kanayama No. 3 Strop
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
C&S Oxford & Cambridge Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Old Proraso Splash
Sigilli Ferfaen

proxy.php

Semogue #620 | Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop | Gillette Tech (NDC 40s) | Personna Red | Thayers Witch Hazel | Barbasol Brisk AS

proxy.php

Rerun of an old one for the theme-

Three absolutely stunning images that really capture the essence of the theme!

$12_08_07.jpg

Brush: Duke 3
Pre: Proraso
Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: EJ89 with Personna Med Prep
AfterShave: Aqua Velva Classic

For this week we would love to see your photos in extremely sharp detail. This could include handles on DE razors, lettering on products, etc. Please indulge us!:001_smile

Maxterpiece: 6/8 Wade & Butcher "For Barbers Use", 1/2 Hollow Ground, Square Point, (Tigerstripe Scales + Moon Glow Wedge)
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Simpson Chubby 2 Super
D.R. Harris Windsor Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Italian Floid Blue
D.R. Harris Windsor EdT

proxy.php

Wostenholm Frameback | Yardley | Rover | Lucido (and Neosporin) | GIT
proxy.php

What a terrible shave! I've resisted the siren song of "vintage" tallow soaps for the longest time. Last week I finally caved; I picked up a vintage puck of Yardley. It arrived on Friday, and I'd been anxiously anticipating shaving with it today. I performed my usual prep - my brush soaked during my shower, a small bit of water rested on the puck of soap. I got out of the shower and prepared to make this mythical "vintage" lather. As I touched the Manchurian badger hair brush to the puck, lather magically started appearing from the very start. The aroma of the soap, which had been faint, opened up and my anticipation built to a crescendo. As I started working the lather on my face, I began to believe the hype about vintage tallow soaps!

With a face full of thick, rich lather, I began my shave. The first few strokes were like sheer joy. Then, just as I was envisioning how I would write up my SOTD, I felt a slight burn, almost like a pin *****. I'd cut myself. I couldn't believe it. I'd gone months and months without a cut, then I get two in two weeks. And this one was perfectly placed so that it ended precisely where the one from last week began. If it had been on the same angle, it would have just been a continuation of the original cut. My concentration was destroyed! Undaunted, I was determined to keep going and not let this lather be wasted. but in my anger with myself, I let my strokes get quicker. Then, as I went to clear the two days growth off my chin, I felt a burning, and the lather turned bright red. I knew I'd done it again - a second cut! But I carried on, finishing the shave with a very nice two pass BBS. The vintage soap had done it's part, but I had failed it...

As I cleaned up, I looked at my chin. Not only had I cut myself, but I'd taken a nice chunk of skin out.

proxy.php

I took my SOTD pictures for several days this week over the weekend, and I'd been wondering what I would do for tomorrow's shave. Now I know the answer - I'll be grabbing some pine and sitting on the bench as this hole in my chin heals!

proxy.php

JabonMan Tierra Húmeda - Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger - Boker Edelweiss - Xpec AS Gel - Goutal Eau du Sud edt

Monday

Japanese rice bowl ¤ Semogue 730HD ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (19)
T&H Sandalwood Shaving Cream ¤ T&H Sandalwood Aftershave Balm

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Rerun of an old one for the theme-

6/8 Vintage Arthur Muller Bismark, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Kanayama No. 3 Strop
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
C&S Oxford & Cambridge Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Old Proraso Splash
Sigilli Ferfaen

proxy.php

Semogue #620 | Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop | Gillette Tech (NDC 40s) | Personna Red | Thayers Witch Hazel | Barbasol Brisk AS

proxy.php

Gentlemen, thats not simple pics, that's ShavingArt!
Congratulations to all!! :thumbup:

Tuesday

Bukhave Bowl ¤ Edwin Jagger Silvertip ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (20)
Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream ¤ Castle Forbes Lime After Shave Balm ¤ Scottish Fine Soaps Classic EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

That is one fine shave, Soren!

proxy.php

Tuesday

Bukhave Bowl ¤ Edwin Jagger Silvertip ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (20)
Castle Forbes Lime Shaving Cream ¤ Castle Forbes Lime After Shave Balm ¤ Scottish Fine Soaps Classic EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

Very nice images. I like them a lot.

Regards, Alexander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom