What's new

What is your favorite menthol soap?

Favorite menthol soap? Why, this, of course.

proxy.php

QCS Vostok, any mentholated Mama Bear's, Calani Ice Angel. Btw, what do you mean by the downfall of Proraso? I just bought a green tub of the new formula.

What about Folgefonn from Fitjar Soap?

I haven't tried it myself, but I have tested 3 creams from Fitjar and It has my blessings. On the top of my list you'll find that one. Im just not quite sure if I'm ready to "enter the dark side" as another B&B member put it comparing cream/soap-shavers.
:a45:

have yet to try but my brother loves the QCS vostok I got him. many great reviews as well. Price is a bit steep but it lasts for so long.
I actually have a tube of the new proraso sandalwood and enjoy it. But honestly enjoy my arko concoction better. also never forget to give razorock a try. the "la famiglia" line is similar to proraso in texture. great scents and good lather. i love the green tobacco scent. divine, like a tobacco farm in the morning (my great grandpa's)

QCS Vostok, any mentholated Mama Bear's, Calani Ice Angel. Btw, what do you mean by the downfall of Proraso? I just bought a green tub of the new formula.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. In regards to the Proraso comment, I'm just not down with the reformulation. It's still a great soap, I'm just no longer inclined to use it. I just don't like the scent and it lacks the old menthol kick. I'm all for hoarding the old stuff though.

Mama Bear's Awakenings shave soap works well for me. Found it on Amazon.com. For very hot days I like to add some Proraso cream to it for a great superlather.

calani ice angel. artisan funky yes.

the new poraso shaves great man. did you try it?

SMN rules.

QCS Vostok Amazingly cold. And if you cold water shave it's even colder!

However, I haven't used many other soaps with Menthol in them. Proraso has it but I don't notice it...

I just used Mystic Waters Prospect Creek. It has a great menthol kick, not as cold as Vostok but still a great cooling effect. It will definitely be in my rotation.

Tom

For extra menthol, just add 1-3 drops of peppermint oil to any soap - it's quite powerful. You can also add eucalyptus oil, and mimic Proraso closely. Both of these oils are very inexpensive and available widely.

...the new poraso shaves great man. did you try it?SMN rules.

I did try it. It's not the shave quality that suffers. I expected Proraso to field a quality product and to their credit they have. I just prefer the menthol and scent of the old formula. Therefore, I will not be purchasing any new Proraso (an exception might be made for the Sandalwood cream) products. I will delightfully horde NOS Proraso soap and AS.

For extra menthol, just add 1-3 drops of peppermint oil to any soap - it's quite powerful. You can also add eucalyptus oil, and mimic Proraso closely. Both of these oils are very inexpensive and available widely.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Bottom