What's new

brand new bag

I am looking for a new toiletry bag. I don't care if it's made out of pure unicorn hide. I just want practical, well made. As Aristotle would say: form follows function here.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance,
aj

I use this one for deployments. It was only $20 and neatly holds everything I need it to. It is sturdy and has no issues with moisture/mold. It's not fancy, but gets the job done.

It's hard to recommend without knowing what you prefer. I have a nice LL Bean hanging bag that is spacious and well organized but too much if you are travelling. I put together several kits (one for travel, one for car, one for cabin, etc) and threw everything into CVS dopp kits that were $3 apiece. Russells for Men has nice ones in leather, but it all depends on what you want and in what context.

I got a really nice one from QED. Its made in the UK out of heavy canvas and leather....NO plastic. Lee's sells several models from GFT that are kind of pricey, but appear to be excellent quality.

Nice to see that others have discovered the Duluth Trading Company! I've ordered a number of things from them and have been impressed by the quality and service. Several years ago, we went through Duluth on vacation and I really liked the area. We returned and did the North Shore Drive and had a ball. One day at work, someone left their catalog on the table and that was the first I had heard of it.
Their catalog is cleverly-designed....all drawings (no photos). They sell mostly clothing designed for work or casual wear, with a variety of other goodies sprinkled through the pages. Obviously, someone there believes in wet-shaving because they have a few products. That is where I discovered Ogalalla Bay Rum!

Just looked at their Web site and there's a sale on Ballroom Jeans: "Bend, climb or crouch without the ouch."

:lol::lol:

Nice to see that others have discovered the Duluth Trading Company! I've ordered a number of things from them and have been impressed by the quality and service. Several years ago, we went through Duluth on vacation and I really liked the area. We returned and did the North Shore Drive and had a ball. One day at work, someone left their catalog on the table and that was the first I had heard of it.
Their catalog is cleverly-designed....all drawings (no photos). They sell mostly clothing designed for work or casual wear, with a variety of other goodies sprinkled through the pages. Obviously, someone there believes in wet-shaving because they have a few products. That is where I discovered Ogalalla Bay Rum!

Cant' find it now that I'm looking, but I picked up an "American Tourister" bag from Wal-Mart.

Larger than your standard DOP bag...has compartments on the left and right sides (good for full sized body wash/shampoo bottle, etc).

Center compartment flips open w/ a nifty hook to hang on a towel rod. Plenty of straps for razors, tooth brush, etc and a deep center pocket whatever.

Quite nice, only about $20. Not much to look at, but functional and has served me on many trips over that past 3 years or so.

Top Bottom