What's new

Who makes the best undershirt?

Man, if we can answer this question it will have made all of the hours I have spent on B&B more than worth it!! :laugh:

I wear t-shirts under whatever I am wearing pretty much every day of the week and it seems like I am constantly trying a new brand to find one that fits right. More often than not the length eventually shrinks to the point that they won't stay tucked in under my polo, button-up, or whatever the shirt of the day is.

I have tried Hanes, but didn't really like them. The ones I tried were the cheapest ones that they have though, very thin, no lay flat collar. I may have to try them again based on the comments here.

I have also tried Merona and they were decent.

The best I have found so far are from the Gap. I grabbed 5 or 6 of them when they were on clearance last Fall and so far they are holding up very well :thumbup1:

I may have to take a look at Banana Republic when they have a sale.

Brooks Brothers has very comfortable Tshirts and underpants, easily the best I have worn so far, very high quality cotton. Zimmerli of Switzerland has underwear made with the highest grade of cotton of any maker, but it is much more expensive than all others. I did buy a Zimmerli Tshirt once and found I preferred the Brooks Brothers though, which cost a fraction as much. Brooks Brothers is made of Supima cotton in Canada.

The best I have found so far are from the Gap. I grabbed 5 or 6 of them when they were on clearance last Fall and so far they are holding up very well :thumbup1:

I may have to take a look at Banana Republic when they have a sale.

If you like the Gap's T-shirts, chances are you will love Banana Republic's. They are similar, but BR's are slightly softer, and hold up better. I get both when they are on sale, but I prefer BR's. Old Navy, Gap, and BR are all the same company, just aimed at different demographics. I find Old navy to have a skimpy cut, and I have to size up in their shirts, whereas both Gap and BR are vanity sized and so I generally size down. I recently picked up the Pima cotton with 5% spandex version on a L. It fits great, and it's longer than the other ones, probably because it's cut to be form fitting, so you can size up. So you might find that one to be ideal if length is an issue for you.

I wear under armor as an undershirt. In the summer it keeps me cool and in the winter it keeps me warm...they are awesome and you can get them in different colors to go with what you are wearing

I wear under armor as an undershirt. In the summer it keeps me cool and in the winter it keeps me warm...they are awesome and you can get them in different colors to go with what you are wearing

+1

Under armor, Nike Dry Fit or Reebok. Polypro, slick as silk, great moisture wicking properties, cool in summer, warm in winter and they never wrinkle.

Well B&B today was the big day, I got a package of DKNY v necks from tj maxx. I know you're all anxious to hear how they fit after they get out of the wash, I'll post my findings. :wink:

I like the ones they sell at JCPenney. It used to be branded Towncraft, but they went under I guess. Stafford makes them, now, and they are the jersey cotton-type shirts. Very soft, very flexible, pretty durable.

Top Bottom